Sign in to follow this  
Launchbury

Hitler Parody: Over Flanders Fields

OMG, that is some of the funniest $chytt I have ever seen!!! Pure genius. :rofl:

Hellshade

It isn't lack of humour, but I fail to laugh at Hitler parodies. Never could.

As a German, and even living in Berlin, this is all very close still somehow.

That this man could have lured my people to do so many terrible things, that we all now have to

carry around with us like a dark cloud of guilt and shame...

When I see this mad, upset shouting man (very well acted by Bruno Ganz!), and I try to imagine,

I would have been an officer, opposing against his orders in the impossible attempt to save the lives

of thousands of my soldiers - I feel a terrible pain, a strong fear, a faintness in the face of this evil

and Lemming-like death addiction of this creep. And he wasn't a mad fool, as he often gets played

in parodies (Chaplin) - he was a very intelligent man. That's what makes me afraid of him.

I'm sorry, I didn't want to stop anyone from laughing about such parodies - I'm glad you can.

I can't - it just gets stuck in my throat.

Bruno Ganz did some amazing work with this most difficult character in Der Untergang. Definitely one of the greatest living actors currently. Some of those Hitler parodies on Youtube are indeed very funny (this one also!).

By the way, the only unofficial recordings ever made of Hitler's speech were taken in Finland in June 1942, when Hitler visited Marshall Mannerheim on the Marshall's birthday. Ganz used these recordings to practice for his role in Der Untergang. They used to be also on Youtube, but I can't seem to find the full original recording there anymore. This is just a part of it:

It's kind of creepy to hear the man talking calmly and not shouting in anger as in all of his public speeches...

Hello,

it took some time but i can now laugh at Hitler parodies, it is only that some of those parodies were not especially brilliant either (e.g. this Mel Brooks one, a remake of the much better "To be or not to be" from Lubitsch).

" ...By the way, the only unofficial recordings ever made of Hitler's speech were taken in Finland in June 1942, when Hitler visited Marshall Mannerheim on the Marshall's birthday. Ganz used these recordings to practice for his role in Der Untergang. They used to be also on Youtube, but I can't seem to find the full original recording there anymore. This is just a part of it:

... "

Yes, i have heard those recordings a year ago, at the ZZBW (Center for the chronicle of research and science), and there are not only acustic recordings, but also some scientists have studied lip and face movements and reconstructed more texts from films. What is really strange is what he's talking about - he admits to have made a mistake in under-estimating Russia and its potential of defence. "Wir wären ja wahnsinnig gewsen, Russland anzugreifen, wenn wir gewusst hätten wieviel Panzer sie haben ..."

It's kind of creepy to hear the man talking calmly and not shouting in anger as in all of his public speeches...

Well his public appearances were nothing else but a show, and for what i heard he learned this theatrical appearance and amplifying words through gestures just by a jew of all people. There is a recent parody with Helge Schneider as Hitler, and Ulrich Muehe as his jewish teacher, but i did not see it yet and critics were bad.

Greetings,

Catfish

Yeah, Black Adder is unbeaten! Great stuff - I wished, that Atkinson would do more

of that quality, instead of the silly Mr. Bean.

His humour is like Bullethead's coffee - very dark! I will get me the whole package.

I've always thought it must be hard for Germans to laugh at this, but more so from the light that they can understand what's being said. To non-german speakers, it's mostly a lot of babble, thus funny.

Well his public appearances were nothing else but a show, and for what i heard he learned this theatrical appearance and amplifying words through gestures just by a jew of all people.

While I'd not heard that he had a jewish elocution teacher, I've seen photos he had taken of himself posturing in dramatic poses. And he routinely practiced his speeches in front of a mirror for maximun effect. The photos were ordered destroyed, lest his 'show biz' side be revealed, and his sincerity questioned.

While I thought the clip hilarious, I take Olham's point too.

I can understand Olham's feelings. I'm the same way, but the subtitles, just made it hilarious. Plus it's not funny to anyone who doesn't fly OFF. I found it priceless. Esp. the end.

Don't feel too bad Olham... the greatest Enemy of assholes like Adolph..Is the ability to mock them!

Okay, I don't want to spoil it for the one who made it.

I just forced myself to watch it without sound on, and of course it is funny - well thought out.

The final line really made me laugh out loud, but will probably only have meaning to anybody who's ever tried to fly the plane in question in campaign. Then it's so very true... :biggrin:

The whole parody is pretty much insider stuff though, if you haven't played OFF there's not much there to laugh about.

Yes, but for OFFers it is really funny. I was in a dull mood, when I first saw it - feel much better now.

Yes, but for OFFers it is really funny. I was in a dull mood, when I first saw it - feel much better now.

Herr Leutnant, please go and shoot down some krumpets. It has a known effect of greatly improving dull moods.

Have done already. Not crumpets, but those other guys with the accents over some letters.

I downed no less but six of them - one was an ace - in a scramble. You're right - winning a

fight brightens up the mood. Will go for another now!

Shooting down an Englishman should keep you satisfied for at least a quarter of an hour.

Shooting down an Englishman should keep you satisfied for at least a quarter of an hour.

Lol ... how convenient ... I think he knows that quote.

I always get a kick out of these. I've seen it done with many different subjects. The ones that you can relate to are the best. This I found to be quite funny! :biggrin:

And knocking up an Englishwoman should have the same effect.

OK, who did it? Come on, fess up! That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen and I have six ferrets.

:rofl:

Eh, comon... smile a little. ;)

I think Goodfellas is a riot, it's all about the NY Mob scene... you know, Italian Americans... 'my people'... same with the Sopranos, but they're from NJ. Yeah, it's insulting, as if all Italians from NY are connected, carry guns, are as smart as a piece of wood and talk funny. But, what the hell... I guess we are. LOL!

In fact, I know where Bada Bings really is, as well as many of the spots in Goodfellas, A Bronx Tale and Cop Land are.

Listen, every German I ever had the pleasure of meeting were great people, kind and helpful... you're no different. :good: Adolf was an ass, he certainly doesn't represent the good people of Germany.

All the best,

OvS