Sign in to follow this  
RNAS_Flyer

New recruit to BH&H

Hi all signed up to this great forum a few days ago just checking in to let you guys know i'll be ready for action in a few days.Still waiting for the arrival of BH&H dvd been over aweek now but i'm not to worried yet as i am in the UK.Looking forward to mixing it with you guys on MP

Hey, Paul, welcome here, to a wonderful community - I wouldn't want to miss them.

A friend of mine here in Berlin got his DVD in a week, so yours should be there soon.

For multiplayer games, Sitting Duck is one name to remember.

Welcome aboard, Paul.

If you're true to your forum name and fly with the RNAS you'll have a geat time in OFF and you'll get to fly my favourite machine, the Sopwith Triplane. Seriously though, the RNAS do get the best machines, shooting down Albatri with alacrity while the poor pongoes have to muddle through Bloody April.

Sorry, but not ALL the Tripes of RNAS shoot down Albatros all the time.

When they come across my flight, they are usually missing several planes and pilots after that.

And I fly an Albatros DIII.

But you're right, Dej - a great turn fighter that is.

Welcome RNAS_Flyer,

I'm also a RNAS fanatic here too. Flying all their Sopwith machines from 1 1/2 Strutters through to Pup, Tripes, and Camels. Just single player campaigns so far, but I'll get online for some multiplay soon.

For the complete experience, fly the other planes as well...even German aircraft...bombers. You can even choose to man the rear gun to defend yourself while your AI pilot attempts to get to the target. There is so much depth here.

In the meantime while you're waiting RNAS_Flyer, read all the sticky posts at the top of this General Discussion Forum and also the General Help forum stickies too. You will learn many things so that you will have no difficulty at all installing and running this great sim.

If you do have any trouble, come to this forum and there are many people here willing to help you any way they can...from setting up to tweaking to get the best performance, to answering those tricky little questions that to veteran users are second nature, but sometimes are quite foreign to newbies.

Save up your money for TrackIR 5. You will never regret it. By far the most useful tool EVER for combat flight sims. Beg, borrow, sell a kidney. It's well worth it. I don't know how I ever achieved any victories in any gun sims without it (missiles are, of course, a different matter). Just do it.

And lastly...enjoy yourself. This can be a very frustrating sim if you fly DiD (Dead is Dead) campaign. Then there is no capture and escape, or crawling out of the wreckage after ploughing in from 10,000 feet. Your pilot, who you've grown very close to, will die. But it is so worth it. You are going to LOVE this.

Edited by Check Six

Welcome aboard Paul!

Always great to get new players into the forum, and even better to get new multiplayer pilots (expecially for vasco.....)

Im sure you will be amazed at the amount of support we give new players, and the efforts we make to get them into teamspeak and games.

Vasco is in your neck of the woods, so is in the same time slot as you. Dont hesitate to pm him with any questions you may have.

Winson puts up games sunday at 5pm primarily to allow players from both your area and ours to get on at the same time.

Look forward to seeing you in the air!

Edited by sitting_duck

The other guys have said it all. I just would like to add my hearty welcome M8. When the DVD arrives you are really going to be in for it. Cheers and here's to all the new guys :minigun: I meant this one actually :drinks:

Hi Guys thank you for the warm welcome I have been doing plenty of reading on the forum ,so much to read.Really like the reports from the front section makes you feel like your really there.I have already downloaded the 3 patchs 1.30,1.30c & 1.31L are these the only ones I need,cheers guys :good:

Hi Guys thank you for the warm welcome I have been doing plenty of reading on the forum ,so much to read.Really like the reports from the front section makes you feel like your really there.I have already downloaded the 3 patchs 1.30,1.30c & 1.31L are these the only ones I need,cheers guys :good:

Paul,

Yes, those are the only patches you need to get patched up to the latest version. Read the stickies to learn how to apply the patches. Really simple.

There are user-modified patches that (for example) adjust the damage model (perhaps the modifier thought that the visible damage to his craft was inconsistent with what had befallen him or that he had emptied a whold drum into an enemy at 100 feet to no effect, something like that). These are optional, and you're more than welcome to download those as well. There are many, many skins being added all the time by users, you may like to fly with one of those, or to download as many as you can fit on your hard drive. The mission building is always going on, and you may choose to download these and mess about in those missions. As I said, these are optional add-ons. I recommend you fly OFF as updated to Ver 1.3L first, then see if you wish to try these other "packages".

Hope to see some of your Combats In The Air Reports soon (and hopefully successful).

I had to wait a WHOLE SIX DAYS to get my copy of OFF BHaH to Oz, so I'm sure the Royal Mail will be knocking on your door soon.

Edited by Check Six

Well its arrived,all patched up and all I can say from my first look at it....awesome. :good: . ok i'm of now to give some hun a bad time i'll report back soon.

Well its arrived,all patched up and all I can say from my first look at it....awesome. :good: . ok i'm of now to give some hun a bad time i'll report back soon.

Good deal Paul and welcome aboard. You too CheckSix (I believe I remember you from other boards) as I forgot to comment on your welcome thread. This sim is the dogs b@lls for sure. :biggrin:

Welcome, RNAS- glad to have you in the flight. RNAS is my favourite as well. I have flown with a lot of others, but my pilots always seem to do best with RNAS. Love those Tripes 'n' Camels.

Good Hunting - I'll look forward to your report, assuming you make it back from that first sortie. Which, with OFF, is a big "if".

CW