having trouble with the newer mavericks in the add on planes in SF2E. they track just fine hit what i aim for within parameters but they don't show on the launch rails. even have rockets exhaust when they launch but no missle its self. stock planes and A and B model mav's work fine just the D and later model and those are all i seem to get on most non-stock birds.

having trouble with the newer mavericks in the add on planes in SF2E. they track just fine hit what i aim for within parameters but they don't show on the launch rails. even have rockets exhaust when they launch but no missle its self. stock planes and A and B model mav's work fine just the D and later model and those are all i seem to get on most non-stock birds.

you have most likey missing 3d model. Most likey you have installed a weapon pack withou launching the weapon editor afterwards and saving.

i downloaded KillerBee's weapons pack for SF2. thought it was plug and play and didn't need work with the editor. also have bitmaps for all mavericks in question but i don't know if there should be something in ini.s pointing towards them. if there is i'm not seeing it.

Using the Weapons editor isn't going to help, least didn't work for me. I'll find out which models do work, and upload them ASAP.

Here's the ones that work for me fo sho. Dave (USAFMTL) hooked me up with these, I just had t take some time and figure out which ones.

AGM_65E2.zip

i downloaded KillerBee's weapons pack for SF2. thought it was plug and play and didn't need work with the editor. also have bitmaps for all mavericks in question but i don't know if there should be something in ini.s pointing towards them. if there is i'm not seeing it.

I just checked the Pack. All the AGM-65 .LOD's are there. All the Data is OK. Even the TRL's Rack .LOD is there and all are working. That's AGM-65D through AGM-65K. I just loaded them all on a A-10....So, I don't know.. :blink:

ok update while i'm on lunch break. loaded EricJ's files(thank you very much kind sir) flew on F-4E ARN and on A-10A the A-10 in year 2001 F-4 in last year avail 91. no 65D2 available in loadout of F-4 65D and 65G invisible. everything else works just no visible missle. on the A-10 65D thru 65H are available in loadout. only D2 and H showup. will reinstall F-16C (remove it temp. as i figure out what i'm soing with decals) tonight to see how things show up on that bird but expect same results as A-10. thank you for the help you guys have been giving so far.

I had the same problem with the weapons pack a few weeks back.

The lods are there but the data files do not point to the lods (necessary when you have many lod files per weapon).

Just edit them. Info on how to do this is in the knowledge base.

Edited by jomni

Using the Weapons editor isn't going to help, least didn't work for me. I'll find out which models do work, and upload them ASAP.

The default SF2 weapons list already has the CBU-24/B. While trying to use the revised CBU-24/B shape by mppd, the SF2 series requires a different approach.

In SF2E, the revised CBU-24/B (SUU-30B.lod) must be posted in the weapons folder. In SF2V, it was ok to place them in the Objectdata folder alongside the default SUU-30.lods and just make the text change in the wep editor to use the new lods/textures.

thank you jomni for the advice. there was no mention of the LODs in most of the 65xx,ini.s so i made them using info from the knowledge base as my template. viola! mavericks aren't invisible anymore. thank to everyone who typed in on this and helped me out. now i can go back to muddling through learning decals.(yes i know that in the KB too, i'm a slow learner i'm afraid when it comes to computer issues.)