Sign in to follow this  
Ryan H

To easy?

As I write this my pilot is 6 missions in, a little over 5 hours in fight and I already have 14 claims filed. I dont know if they have been approved or not but the point is, it seems like all I've been doing since I started my campaign is knocking Albatroses out of the sky left and right. Dont get me wrong, its fun and all, and challenging at times but it seems a little to easy. All the settings in the workshop are turned to realsitic settings. Any ideas? I havent even had anyone on my tail yet. I think I've only been shot at 3 times since I started my campaign. It seems like most of what the Albatroses do is swoop down and climb up, over and over again regardless if someone is behind them or in front of them, or nowhere near them. Just a little while ago, I did a quick combat against 3 Fokker Dr1 ace pilots and shot all 3 of them down pretty much un-opposed. Please dont get me wrong i'm not complaining or attacking the game at all. I love every second of it I just wonder if I maybe missed something somewhere? Or maybe something got installed wrong? Thanks for any suggestions!

what plane are you flying?

Flying the Camel, for AFC-4

Hi Ryan,

Sounds like the AI isn't doing anything there, which is odd. Sometimes if you have low slider settings it can reduce AI quality.

Turn off labels and aids, try a campaign.. (note in regions you could be against rookie pilots /squads) and make sure you launch via the OFF Manager not from the cfs3.exe.

Try random AI skill in QC. Try other craft, and try to match times/dates for craft. For example Se5/Camel/DR1/DVII

As I write this my pilot is 6 missions in, a little over 5 hours in fight and I already have 14 claims filed. I dont know if they have been approved or not but the point is, it seems like all I've been doing since I started my campaign is knocking Albatroses out of the sky left and right. Dont get me wrong, its fun and all, and challenging at times but it seems a little to easy. All the settings in the workshop are turned to realsitic settings. Any ideas? I havent even had anyone on my tail yet. I think I've only been shot at 3 times since I started my campaign. It seems like most of what the Albatroses do is swoop down and climb up, over and over again regardless if someone is behind them or in front of them, or nowhere near them. Just a little while ago, I did a quick combat against 3 Fokker Dr1 ace pilots and shot all 3 of them down pretty much un-opposed. Please dont get me wrong i'm not complaining or attacking the game at all. I love every second of it I just wonder if I maybe missed something somewhere? Or maybe something got installed wrong? Thanks for any suggestions!

Heya Ryan,

I'd suggest turning up the sliders, turn off the TAC and labels completely. It's tough to keep track of everyone with TAC and labels off and it forces you to fly much more defensively as the AI do have a tendancy to sneak up on you just as you get one of his friend lined up for the kill. Welcome aboard and I'm glad you enjoy the game. Camels, by the way, when properly flown can knock pretty much anything out of the sky because they can out turn them plus have dual gun firepower. If you don't have a TrackIR yet I highly recommend you get one when possible, too. It's awesome.

Hellshade

Maybe you're just an ace, eyh? Flown other WW1 sims much? At least a veteran then?

Do you have your game fully patched?

Once every hundred years or so, a talent is born. Tchakofski on piano, Babe Ruth in Baseball, might you own joystick which you carved yourself and says 'Wonder Boy' on it.

This might indeed be the second coming.

Pardon me if I'm skeptical . . . I'm curious . . what praytell are your graphic sliders set too

I think the best question comes from Rickitycrate: are you indeed flying Phase III the payware, or are you infact flying Phase II the Freebie ?

:rofl: comes the dawn, don't feed the trolls :wink:

Once every hundred years or so, a talent is born. Tchakofski on piano, Babe Ruth in Baseball, might you own joystick which you carved yourself and says 'Wonder Boy' on it.

great one uncleal!

This might indeed be the second coming.

Pardon me if I'm skeptical . . . I'm curious . . what praytell are your graphic sliders set too

I think the best question comes from Rickitycrate: are you indeed flying Phase III the payware, or are you infact flying Phase II the Freebie ?

Lol. I'm no ace but I do know how to fight. My sliders are:

Overall 4

Plane 5

Scenery 4

Terrain 4

Effects 5

Clouds 5

I am currently flying Phase III, and loving it! The game is recently patched. I should note too that after posting my original message I got smacked out of the sky like a mosquito the very next mission and was killed. :biggrin:

Lol. I'm no ace but I do know how to fight. My sliders are:

Overall 4

Plane 5

Scenery 4

Terrain 4

Effects 5

Clouds 5

I am currently flying Phase III, and loving it! The game is recently patched. I should note too that after posting my original message I got smacked out of the sky like a mosquito the very next mission and was killed. :biggrin:

Maybe you just experienced a stroke of good luck for awhile. Most of the others here, almost all of whom have flown sims for many years don't experience your type of star ace status, especially not in OFF BHH, least not for very long. :no:

RyanH,

Glad to hear you're doing so well, and even more pleased to hear you're loving this sim like the rest of us.

You should be patched up to 1.3L version (the latest).

Keep up the good work.

"I should note too that after posting my original message I got smacked out of the sky like a mosquito the very next mission and was killed."

Curiously enough, my first couple of missions - on 130% realism - as a Pup driver saw me putting in claims (and getting them) for several victims. I was just beginning to wonder if the game was simply 'easy' and then I had the same thing happen to me: shot out of the sky in short order!

Sad to relate, since that happy (and brief) time, I've been getting regularly pasted regardless of what I'm flying. It looks like evolution in reverse truly can happen...

One thought, Ryan, that Winder could confirm or wipe off:

If your slider settings challenge your system too much (clouds on 5, for example), couldn't it be, that

AI performs less then? Perhaps you try clouds, scenery and terrain on 3, for a check?

Just a thought - the devs can tell.

Guest British_eh

OK, I'm jealous! I have P1, P2, and now P3 flying experience. I can fly the DR1, and Sop Tripe like it's part of me. I have yet to get past 4.33 hours. Course I'm in a busy part of the Front, ( ok, no excuses).

Turn your Clouds down to 1, as on 5 you do indeed the AI's ability to see you.

Otherwise I defer to Uncleal's "Once every hundred years or so, a talent is born. Tchakofski on piano, Babe Ruth in Baseball, might you own joystick which you carved yourself and says 'Wonder Boy' on it."

Regards,

British_eh

I just started too and was wondering about the difficulty. See my post from earlier today, I got jumped my two enemy aircraft and blown to bits while thinking about the difficulty. Cruel irony!

Don't forget in various times or places in campaign you will come up against poor squadrons up to elite squadrons with many aces in. So yes some fights may be easy, but it is VARIABLE, try other times, locations, squads etc.. The point is here, can you stay alive. A few quick kills and you are a dead hero doesn't cut it ;)