Sign in to follow this  
column5

My other SAAB is a car...

Haha, that reminds me of an Ad for the USAF, basically on the back on an F-16 it said hows my flying, call (i forgot what the number is). Where did you find this?

Honestly, though, would you drive a car built by Boeing??

Besides, that's wrong...Mitsubishi builds cars and jets, too. :wink:

yes mitsubishi does currently build jets and cars. but i believe they were still banned from building warplanes when that ad came out(prob. late 50's early 60's judging by photo and it's Draken subject). post wwII thats why they started making autos , kept their factories open.

Besides, that's wrong...Mitsubishi builds cars and jets, too. :wink:

Yeah but that ad comes from before Mitsubishi started making airplanes again, I think.

Found this in the local ops room this year:

0417090911.jpg

Maybe for some other other routes. For the ones we get (MHT to LGA) they do about 15k.

Honestly, though, would you drive a car built by Boeing??

I would. I'd buy a Lockheed car in a second too, assuming I could afford it.

But neither love nor money could make me buy a car built by a division of airbus. I don't fancy an autothrottle, self-releasing parking brake or a steering system that falls off while driving, to name a few.

Back in the beginning of the seventies I owned two 2 stroke SAAB 96's in succession. Don't regret it for a second. Basically the sort of car that won the Rallye Monte Carlo twice. In the design after the Second World War, SAAB put in a lot of aeronautical engineering and aerodynamics. Makes a lot of sense and in my opinion more aircraft factories should take a look at carbuilding !!

The result was a very streamlined car with a very light front end because of its extremely simple 3 cylinder two stroke engine (made an engine change all alone by just pulling out the 70 kg engine without a crane or anything) giving an absolutely tremendous roadholding, just a matter of NOT braking before a curve. In this way they were a lot faster than heavier and much more powerfull cars. :yes: Those were the days !!!!

Lovely site by the way about SAAB's history. For the fanatics, look at Youtube under "2 stroke singing" and turn up the volume......

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

Edited by Derk

Back in the beginning of the seventies I owned two 2 stroke SAAB 96's in succession. Don't regret it for a second. Basically the sort of car that won the Rallye Monte Carlo twice. In the design after the Second World War, SAAB put in a lot of aeronautical engineering and aerodynamics. Makes a lot of sense and in my opinion more aircraft factories should take a look at carbuilding !!

The result was a very streamlined car with a very light front end because of its extremely simple 3 cylinder two stroke engine (made an engine change all alone by just pulling out the 70 kg engine without a crane or anything) giving an absolutely tremendous roadholding, just a matter of NOT braking before a curve. In this way they were a lot faster than heavier and much more powerfull cars. :yes: Those were the days !!!!

Lovely site by the way about SAAB's history. For the fanatics, look at Youtube under "2 stroke singing" and turn up the volume......

Hou doe,

Derk :wink:

I would like that Dassault helped a bit to Renault so Alonso got a fine F1 for racing instead of the wheel dispenser he drives nowadays :dntknw:

I would like that Dassault helped a bit to Renault so Alonso got a fine F1 for racing instead of the wheel dispenser he drives nowadays :dntknw:

Right on the spot, might be a very good idea !! :ok:

Derk