Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Unable to take screen shot

Just updated the video card drivers to the latest (Nvida 190.38) today thinking this would fix the issue, as I'd updated them yesturday to the 10/08 drives - which have the same issue.

Now, the first 2 screenies were taken in my PTO 06 level install within the last hour; this is what I was seeing yesturday ONLY on screenshots -- the game plays and looks fine! It's doing this (mind you, screenshots ONLY! - game look good - on my other 06 level installs)

#1 is a hellcat at kadena

#2 is a wildcat at henderson

#3 is a Thud over SoCal (08 level)

the 3rd is from my generic 08 level WoE

what in hell could be causing this??? Something in 06 level dlls???? I REALLY don't want to upgrade to 08 due to the screwed up FMs in 98.6% ™ of the aircraft, to say nothing of terrain upgrades....

I am at a TOTALy loss as to what to do...

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin, have you tried to use CCleaner to fix registry keys and garbage that may be causing it? or maybe another software?

well, i'm having the anti aleasing problem some times.... many when the game is full, i think that's my old videocard that wants to be retired, but i'm not sure.

Hey Wrench, I'm using the 186.18 whql drivers for my 8800GT and have had no problems with the screenshots I took this morning in SF2. I was considering updating to the 190.38 whql's this morning, but decided to get some more feedback.

Well, I don't think it's the drivers (or, in other words -- I don't have any idea of any kind....) Ran CCCleaner, scanned and defragged, done everything I can thing of, other than a system restore to last week -- which would loose everything I've been doing since then (as M$ lies that sysrestore dosen't change files -- total BS!)

So, I bit the weenie, and updated the PTO install to 08 levels. Which means I've spent the last several hours going over every stinking airplane's data ini -- and there's over 150 aircraft in JUST that WW2 install alone.....to adjust the tailwheel steering and the StallMoment= line (and some planes don't even have it!!!). Don't even want to think about MTO or ETO/SWOTL installs ... sheesh....

Real fun watching the hurricane's we were to intercept falling into unrecoverable spins...well, at least 3 of them did... plus the Tony I was flying swapping ends on itself when low on airspeed .... f***ing hate this s**t!!!

But...at least the screenshot are working again. And the terrains look good; for some reason, none of the sparkly water.

Screenie below is off the new Solomons V3, over New Britian, approaching Ubili aerodrome.

I need a new hobby...this is getting to be too much like (how I remember) work.

wrench

kevin stein