HelloXoruam here again.

Straight to the matter - I was playing around with avionics/visual targeting lately - I was thinking whether it would be possible to make the aircraft target ground targets in the same way that e.g. F-14A does with enemy airplanes. I don't know the correct name for this, but it appears as a little diamond shape on the HUD and stays locked on enemy aircraft as long as the aircraft is within the bounds of the HUD screen. I know it is possible to do by adding a SymbolType=TD_EO entry in ***_avionics.ini and using maverick to make the box appear, but I think it's a bit too roundabout way to do it... I wanted to do this to replace the game's default visual targeting box, so the it would only appear on the screen of the HUD instead of directly on top of the aircraft.

So again, my question: Can I make the HUD track ground targets without having to carry Mavericks around? And if it's possible, then how?

Over and Out.

The avionics dlls don't support 'lock ground target', ala Falcon series. Never has, and most likely never will.

TV or IIR (like mavs) is the only way to 'see' them on the scope.

sorry, that's just how it is.

wrench

kevin stein

I see... well that's too bad :/

I guess laser designator/camera pod won't work either (I tried, it didn't work - I'm asking to make sure I didn't do something wrong)

Thanks for reply

Over and Out