Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

Anyone running Nvidia 186.18 drivers?

Having some problems with OFF (almost certainly my fault - can't stop deleting "unneeded" files) that required a reinstall of CFS3.

Before I delete and reinstall OFF is anyone using the new Nvidia 186.18 drivers?

My vid card is a 7950GT.

Having big graphic problems but am not sure if its my (possibly) corrupt install or the new driver.

....I've said "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"

I hear ya but I am always looking for better performance.

In any case I see Nvidia has released another brand new set of drivers that I just d/l'ed this morning..

I will give them a shot before a re-install of OFF.

Well, apparently my system just didn't like the the previous driver version.

Installed version 190.38 and all is fine.

I gotta stop "tweaking" and spend more time flying.

Some kinda O.C.D. thing I reckon. :biggrin:

Duke,

Those 190 drivers gave me at least another 10 FPS in game, the only problem was that Fraps doesn't like them, whenever I turned it on my FPS dropped to 5! I had to roll mine back and I've not found any posts about others experiencing the similar problems yet.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Duke,

Those 190 drivers gave me at least another 10 FPS in game, the only problem was that Fraps doesn't like them, whenever I turned it on my FPS dropped to 5! I had to roll mine back and I've not found any posts about others experiencing the similar problems yet.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Interesting - good to know. Thanks!

Interesting - good to know. Thanks!

Perhaps after installing the new Nvidia driveers 90.38, this is why I suddenly got a message to reinstall Off after trying to go to the field.

I'm running 181.22 drivers. Looks great, works great.

I tried 182.5 and 186.18 and had issues with OFF, but not with another not to be named ww1 flight sim.

yes, I'm wondering about the 190.38 drivers as well. It adds more features and bug fixes...

I'd like to try them for the not to be named sim, but I dont want to mess with my graphics settings again in OFF if it's just going to be another problem like the 182/186 series....

opinions?