Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Dardanelles Campaign Project Update: The Forts Get Guns

Good Evening All,

Work continues on the Dardanelles Campaign project, and I fired up the first of the operational fort guns tonight. After initial construction of my OFF rendering of Seddul-Bahr was far enough I long, I set up to test and adjust the harbor cannons I am using as the primary weapon in all the forts in this campaign. Seddul-Bahr plays the lead role in the opening mission as the war in the Dardanells began in February of 1915 with the British naval bombardment and effective silencing of this fort. The Short Folder aircraft did its best to maintain recce flights throughout the bombardment and subsequent landing of Allied ground forces.

Here is a brief video of the running up of the west cannon:

Gun Test at Seddul-Bahr

I will keep you all posted on future developments, but I will be on the road for the rest of this week so it may be a bit before I can get back to the project.

Cheers!

Lou

I could not see the vid Lou. Sounds like some good stuff to look forward too. I don't know how you guys that do this kind of thing do it but I am glad you share your work with the likes of me. Seems like a lot of work. Creating this game is beyond my imagination and understanding.

Rickitycrate, it's a wmv file so it should open up for you Sir. I just checked it again and it ran fine on both of my computers. Also, while my little effort here is a fair amount of work it's nothing at all compared to what the devs had to go through to give us this outstanding sim. Now THAT was a lot of work, and I am really beginning to appreciate how much after diving into this project.

:yes:

Cheers!

Lou

Nice but the rate of fire is way too fast if it's anything bigger then a AT gun.

Edited by depalmer

Nice but the rate of fire is way too fast if it's anything bigger then a AT gun.

I can't quote technical specifications but it does seem a bit high to me too. I could view the video (obviously) but only in DiVx. Looking good though Louvert.

Yes, the rate of fire is much too fast, and that is one of the items I am attempting to correct by playing with the parameters in the harbor gun file itself. This is all still quite new to me, so it's going to take some time to get everything sorted out.

Cheers!

Lou

I could not see the vid Lou...

Me neither...and no sound.

Edit: OK, it's working now, and looks really good. I am looking forward to flying this one!

Edited by Hauksbee