Sign in to follow this  
Rickenbacker381

GTS250 nv4_disp errors

Not sure if I've come to the right shop for this one but last week my copy of OFF BHaH arrrived. I eagerly loaded the beggar up and it played well on the first single combat mission, till I got trounced but some heartless AI SOB. After that I started a new campaign but no sooner had I taken off in my Bristol Scout than my machine froze. Alt/Ctrl/Del'ing it brough me back to desktop with an NV4_Disp error. I then tried downloading the newest patches but not only did I get the same NV4 error, but I also started getting something like, "Bleriot skin couldn't load". With words to the effect that I should simply reinstall the game.

The machine is new - I bought it with the intention of buying Rise of Flight but the jury is currently out on that. OFF Phase 2 ran well on my old box so it was logical to get the new Phase.

Anyway, the machine is an I7 with 6GB RAM and an ASUS GTS250. I don't experience this error on any other games or sims. Just this one. I am hanging to get a full campaign underway, because the immersion factor is amazing - even at take off.

Anyone out there experiencing anything similar? And yep - all the newest drivers are on-board.

Cheers!

mal

Not heard that one mal, OFF will stress out your system some. Do not set terrain or scenery sliders to 5 on any system. Go to workshop Graphic settings, check.

try 554455 or 553353 for slider settings. See FAQ near the top.

Make sure you installed 1.30 then 1.30c then 1.31L in that order.

Apologies for the necro-post, but I was wondering if anyone ever figured out the nv4_display error that mal had?

I'm suddenly having it too. It's strange, because things have been running fine until now (about 2 weeks since I installed). The problem didn't crop up until I had a pilot killed and started a new one. Sliders only set to 4 across the board. I'm running a Core I7 920 processor on an EVGA X58 MB, with EVGA GEforce 260 graphics...6gig ram but only reading 3 currently as am running XP 32 bits. It's a new system so I've just updated all the drivers

Any clues? Thought I might check before uninstalling....thanks in advance for any insight.

Apologies for the necro-post, but I was wondering if anyone ever figured out the nv4_display error that mal had?

I'm suddenly having it too. It's strange, because things have been running fine until now (about 2 weeks since I installed). The problem didn't crop up until I had a pilot killed and started a new one. Sliders only set to 4 across the board. I'm running a Core I7 920 processor on an EVGA X58 MB, with EVGA GEforce 260 graphics...6gig ram but only reading 3 currently as am running XP 32 bits. It's a new system so I've just updated all the drivers

Any clues? Thought I might check before uninstalling....thanks in advance for any insight.

Saw a post that nvidai had come out with new drivers, so going to assume those are the ones you loaded.

Before i uninstalled, i would go back to an older version of nvidia drivers, and try them. Its been suggested you get a free utility like drive sweeper to assure you have all the drivers removed before installing other ones.

one thing ive found out about vid drivers is that newest isnt always best..

WOW . . that's a Rare setup, if ever I heard it. An I7 Processor, running XP 32 bit

They say that with an update disc, you'll be able to go from Vista to Windows 7

However from XP, no update can be made available, as it's to great of a Leap

Yes, it is a bit unusual I suppose. However, like you're approach to drivers, I don't believe that newer is always better with operating systems.

I've used Vista on our laptop, and no matter how open-minded I tried to be, or what rationalizations I heard about it, I just don't like it. Beyond that, I have some cad software that I really need to use which won't run on Vista without emulators, extra software and strange alchemical rites with dark incantations. So, I considered $135 for an OEM copy of XP when I built this rig...I just couldn't make myself buy an OS that I disliked so much just to save a few bucks to get another OS that may or may not be worth much. I'll probably keep using XP until 2014 or whenever they finally pull the plug on it. Now I just have to find a 64-bit version so I can use all this wonderful memory.

Thanks for the suggestion on the drivers. I'll try to roll back to what it shipped with. I had recently updated to a newer driver and everything had been working perfectly. Not sure what happened, but it's annoying.

Plus it's a downright shame for those running Vista, so much of OFF they can never experience. Salute.gif

How so?

I haven't been around the discussions for a while...

OFF runs fine on Vista. As with all 32bit programs on Vista 64 some systems need to run as admin, or sometimes set XP compat mode, given Vista wasn't even a twinkle with CFS3 came out. For many it works anyway, but OFF installer was developed specifically on Vista too.

Display errors are usually down to drivers/driver settings/overclocking if you have lowered sliders.

OFF runs fine on Vista. As with all 32bit programs on Vista 64 some systems need to run as admin, or sometimes set XP compat mode, given Vista wasn't even a twinkle with CFS3 came out. For many it works anyway, but OFF installer was developed specifically on Vista too.

Display errors are usually down to drivers/driver settings/overclocking if you have lowered sliders.

Good to know, thanks.

It turns out that my trouble was in fact a setting error. My display setting kept changing for some reason, causing crashes. I've since figured out how to get the monitor, sim, and nvidia software all on the same settings and all is well.

Hope there's room by that fire...that's what I'm doing.