Sign in to follow this  
zoomzoom

GroundHogs apparently HATE WWI planes.

Hehe....where's a Spandau when you need it??

ZZ.

These modell craft make a real nasty noise - and groundhogs like to sleep a lot.

So I understand that brave little WW1 fighter.

Okay, now zee enemy seeems too know!

Yess, vee hav trained der groundhogs too attack ze crumpetz aircraft.

It vass easy - vee just had to ssrow camel s**t at him. Now he attacks

evrryssink that is camels**t green.

Our beautifully coloured craft he vould not harm! Mmuahahahahaaaa!!!

Who knew?

ZZ. :biggrin:

Obviously his best DiD pilot just died. I've had the same response myself a few times. :haha:

Hellshade

Okay, now zee enemy seeems too know!

Yess, vee hav trained der groundhogs too attack ze crumpetz aircraft.

It vass easy - vee just had to ssrow camel s**t at him. Now he attacks

evrryssink that is camels**t green.

Our beautifully coloured craft he vould not harm! Mmuahahahahaaaa!!!

Yez but vhere didt you getz ze Gillez Zuite zo zmall?

Reminds me of the days when I was young and still working on my Families' Farm. We'd shoot quite a few of those little buggers every summer to keep cows from breaking thier legs in holes they left in our fields, or tractors from losing wheels. We'd carry 22's and snipe them, either stationary or from atop a tractor as you bounced along endlessly, tilling, or cutting or raking. There was this old GroundHog....so old he had turned grey mostly, we called him "The Veteran", and he lived on this well fortified hill, great view, multiple entry and exit holes...a real fortress bunker. He had been shot at many times and for many years, with people swearing they had hit him.... but to no avail. He'd just appear the next day...munching happily as if nothing perturbed him. He lived a long full life with many offspring that inhabited his bunker that were as saavy as he at eluding attacks, so they had apparently learned well from thier old man. One day however, someone actually got him, and upon a closer inspection, found he had no less than 18 slugs...I kid you not.....18 under his skin and lodged harmlessly in the underlying copious fat around his girth. An amazing record.

ZZ.

Reminds me of the days when I was...

It's hard to fathom what would lure a groundhog out among so many people, but his interest in the planes reminded me of a warning received while flying gliders in the 60's: if your thermals give out, and you're too far from the runway, never land in a field with cows. They find the taste of the doped fabric irresistable, and will eat all the skin off your plane. It's also poisonous to cows and the farmer will undoubtedly sue you to boot. I wonder if the smell of so much model airplane dope might have enticed him out?

Edited by Hauksbee

Thats too funny...cows eatin planes. As far as the motivation for the little guy in this vid though, I'm pretty darn sure he was in the first stages of hydrophobia...ie..Rabies. No animal in his right mind behaves that way for any other reason.

ZZ.

Funny Zoom Zoom, that's exactly what occurred to me. Never seen a Groundhog, but that just doesn't look right....

Don't know about cows eating planes, but anybody read Anthony Beevor's Stalingrad? He reports that during Barbarossa, mice invaded the German tanks and started to munch the wiring. Germans called the Russian mice 'little partisans', but it wasn't so funny once the heavy action started....

Thats too funny...cows eatin planes. As far as the motivation for the little guy in this vid though, I'm pretty darn sure he was in the first stages of hydrophobia...ie..Rabies. No animal in his right mind behaves that way for any other reason.

ZZ.

Well I wouldnt put it past a groundhog. They are pretty "tolerant" of people being nearby and if they get pissed, they may in fact charge (as the video showed). Im always afraid when fishing on a bank of a river that a groundhog will just come up and bite. Often you'll hear a rattling in the grass and see a groundhog come out lumbering towards you, completely indifferent to your pressence, and probably kind of agitated. Unless of course they all have rabies! (or the black death like their cousins the prairie dogs often have.....)

anybody read Anthony Beevor's Stalingrad? He reports that during Barbarossa, mice invaded the German tanks

YES! Thank you for the mention. I've been trying to re-find that book for years. Always thought it was in "Enemy At The Gates"...but not so. This is why I love history: the weird events that send it hobbling off in new directions. When the Germans deployed at Stalingrad, they held back two Panzer divisions as a reserve, camped out on the Russian steppe. As time passed, and the winter began to set in, the local mice left the cold grass for the warm tanks. To build nests, they nibbled the cloth insulation off all the electrical wires. Later when those units were ordered forward (when they were really needed) vehicles would not start, or started and shorted out, or blew up from engine fires. And all from mice. Thanks again, Flyboy!

It may be too late, but you should change the title of this thread. If you really checked the vid out, you'd notice that the groundhog was primarily angry at the WW2 bird the guy on the grass strip was holding.

Despite the fact this plane (P-51? Didn't look too closely) was being held by a critter MUCH larger than him, he was still intent on attacking it. When the critter holding the WW2 plane kept walking away as the groundhog advanced, he thought he'd take out his anger on a plane that was relatively unguarded.

His bloodlust satiated, (and being kicked in the backside to boot!) he retreated, victorious.

Nice one.

It may be too late, but you should change the title of this thread. If you really checked the vid out, you'd notice that the groundhog was primarily angry at the WW2 bird the guy on the grass strip was holding.

Despite the fact this plane (P-51? Didn't look too closely) was being held by a critter MUCH larger than him, he was still intent on attacking it. When the critter holding the WW2 plane kept walking away as the groundhog advanced, he thought he'd take out his anger on a plane that was relatively unguarded.

His bloodlust satiated, (and being kicked in the backside to boot!) he retreated, victorious.

Nice one.

Perfect ground attack technique, if you ask me

Made 1 pass, hit hard, & split before the defenses could get organized

We could learn alot from this guy

Check 6, that's a F4U Corsair he attacked 1st

Perhaps that little furry fighter was the reincarnation of a German fighter pilot, who had

to come back as a lesser life form because of his bad karma (Goering comes to mind).

Olham:

A groundhog is much too high a life form for Goering to come back as.

Tony

Perhaps that little furry fighter was the reincarnation of a German fighter pilot, who had

to come back as a lesser life form because of his bad karma (Goering comes to mind).

Olham,

If it was Goering, he has slimmed down a lot, and gone cold turkey, that looked a relatively sane and slim animal in the video.

Thanks

Rugbyfan1972

Good points, Typhoon and Rugbyfan! Sorry to you, groundhog - didn't want to insult you.