Sign in to follow this  
spitune

Installing Missions

Just bought BH&H (7/18/09). Very pleased with performance. Would like to install additional missions. Tried some of old pilotsden stuff from SOH but ended up having to reinstall game when using the old copy and paste method. Any suggestions?

spitune

Edited by spitune

Cant see how any of pd's missions would have caused you to have to reinstall,,,,even if you put them in a wrong folder....

but, the missions that pd put up that are for phase 3 (BHAH) are prefixed PH-3...or something close to that..

missions are just xml files,,,and imho best place to put them is in missions\training folder,,,,then they seem to show up in all the mission drop downs...

curious to know....what did you copy and paste,,,,,and what was the condition of your bhah install that was so bad it needed a reinstall?

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I extracted OBD mission folder to desktop (just an old habit I formed with CFS2-I intended to keep it there for ease of use, thinking the original would stay in place). Moved PD's stuff into that folder. When trying to start game and use missions, I got an error message that I needed to reinstall CFS3 disk 1 and BHAH complete. (I did place OBD mission folder back where it belonged prior to trying new PD missions (so I thought).

I have only had the game for a few days and haven't tried Campaigns yet. Excited to do so. I'm no whiz with a puter and do not intend to be. PD was a huge help to me when OFF first started and sent me lots of disks and advice. I've since moved up to broadband from dial-up. Good to know Phase 3 stuff will work with BHAH.

Started all this with Red Baron 2 and CFS1 many years ago. Recently decided there is room in retirement for flight sims again. WWI has special appeal. May even look at multi-play after I practice a bit.

I'll make another attempt to get me some more missions later. Thanks!

spit

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I extracted OBD mission folder to desktop (just an old habit I formed with CFS2-I intended to keep it there for ease of use, thinking the original would stay in place). Moved PD's stuff into that folder. When trying to start game and use missions, I got an error message that I needed to reinstall CFS3 disk 1 and BHAH complete. (I did place OBD mission folder back where it belonged prior to trying new PD missions (so I thought).

I have only had the game for a few days and haven't tried Campaigns yet. Excited to do so. I'm no whiz with a puter and do not intend to be. PD was a huge help to me when OFF first started and sent me lots of disks and advice. I've since moved up to broadband from dial-up. Good to know Phase 3 stuff will work with BHAH.

Started all this with Red Baron 2 and CFS1 many years ago. Recently decided there is room in retirement for flight sims again. WWI has special appeal. May even look at multi-play after I practice a bit.

I'll make another attempt to get me some more missions later. Thanks!

spit

exactly what are the folders that you have in c:\obdsoftware\cfsww1 overflanders fields\missions folder? and what are the files in the missions folder (not the historical folder, training folder etc),,,just the missions folder...

just in case you screwed up your missions folder,,,i am attaching mine.....missions.rar

it goes into the cfsww1 overflanders fields folder,,,,rename or copy yours to another place if you want to try it..

S D

All I have in missions folder is:

frontlineperiod

historical

training

whatif

blank_mission

frontend.......and

Mission Builder Readme

spit

ok,,that seems to be everything,,,,(in missions folder)

was looking at the error message you said you got...

if your still gtting it,,and can post it exactly as it appears,,,,might be a help..

never run across the error message your posting..

Thanks, SD

I'm convinced if I load missions that belong in BHAH I'll be OK. Went into Campaigns yesterday. Ton of fun. Configured "easy".........not used to stalling out so much with the WWII AC I've been using.

spit