Sign in to follow this  
PinkPanther

I was wrong about American beer

I thought American beer had a legal limit on how much alcohol it can contain and was why beers like Bud are weak compared to some Canadian beers but I was wrong. I have a liquor store list here of all the products they sell at Gov. liquor store in B.C. and I see one American beer called Brooklyn Brewery - Black Chocolate Stout and it is 10.10% alcohol. That's strong beer! I see another called Olde English 800 Malt Liquor and it is 8.00%. There are a few more that are well over 4.5% too. The strongest beers I can find in the list all come from the U.S.A. I'm going to have to check a few of those out.

Yeah, no limit I know of. One of my favorites from Middle Ages Brewery (XIII Anniversary) is 9.5% IIRC, another from Ommegang (Three Philosophers) is 9.8%.

Samuel Adams Utopias® offers a flavor not just unlike any other beer but unlike any other beverage in the world. Its warm, sweet flavor is richly highlighted with hints of vanilla, oak and caramel. With an alcohol content of 27% by volume, its complexity and sweet, malty flavor is reminiscent of a deep, rich vintage Port, fine Cognac or aged sherry while being surprisingly light on the palate.

nows theres a mean beer for ya

We have a beer here at a Pub in Dayton. Its aged in whiskey barrels. Man its good and it has a higher alcohol content. Man I wish I could remember the name.

Samuel Adams Utopias® offers a flavor not just unlike any other beer but unlike any other beverage in the world. Its warm, sweet flavor is richly highlighted with hints of vanilla, oak and caramel. With an alcohol content of 27% by volume, its complexity and sweet, malty flavor is reminiscent of a deep, rich vintage Port, fine Cognac or aged sherry while being surprisingly light on the palate.

nows theres a mean beer for ya

Its also like 100 plus bucks a bottle

Its also like 100 plus bucks a bottle

Yep but so worth it.

wtf? 10%?

i'm not beer fan but 10% is quite higher to a beer here....i think the higher beer here that is heineken reachs 8%....aso there is one here Called ''Skol Beats'' that is abou 17% but its not usual to drink it.

I thought American beer had a legal limit on how much alcohol it can contain and was why beers like Bud are weak compared to some Canadian beers but I was wrong.

That's because Bud and most major brands are cheap watered down crap. The more specialty brands are infinitely better (or home made beer like my Bro does) actually have flavor and alcohol in it instead of tasting like carbonated piss.

That's because Bud and most major brands are cheap watered down crap. The more specialty brands are infinitely better (or home made beer like my Bro does) actually have flavor and alcohol in it instead of tasting like carbonated piss.

So you're saying you've drank carbonated piss?

FC

Yes, it's called Budweiser, you can find it in any gas station. :tongue:

The only legal restriction I was ever aware of was "3.2" beer that could be sold to underage folks at one point in some states. It was also allowed to be sold in grocery stores in states that have "state stores" (state run liquor stores. PA is a good example.)

Edited by kirbykern

The more specialty brands are infinitely better (or home made beer like my Bro does) actually have flavor and alcohol in it instead of tasting like carbonated piss.

LOL! Got dat right. :drinks:

Brew your own, you control everything!

As someone who spent a good part of the 90s quaffing pure ghetto/barrio/slum/whatever juice(Liquid Crack as it used to be called), i might advise that you take such products such as Camo, Steel Reserve, ST Ides, Magnum, or King Cobra with a bit of caution.

I read once that if there is too much alcohol in the beer then it can ruin the flavour. Strongest beer I have had was a beer called Old English Porter and it was 9.5% but that was a stout and not ale or lager. IPA is a type of beer that was invented for the East India Company to keep it preserved longer for long sea voyages by using higher alcohol content and it is only about 5.5%. 27% for a beer? That's extremely high alcohol content for beer. Wine is only 11 - 12%.

Yes, it's called Budweiser, you can find it in any gas station. :tongue:

Note that real Budweiser (the Czech one :biggrin: ) is quite drinkable. :drinks:

I'm somewhat allergic to alchool. I've got a couple of bottles of beer here at home. Zero % alchool. What about that! :boxing:

Hi All ,

Well drink is drink , does it matter what alcohol volume is in it ? . Surely the taste is what matters and not the Volume of Alcohol ? . Unless your on a mission and was late getting out and everyone around you is merry and your playing catch up , then nothing but pure rocket fuel will do :blink: . Of course then theres the ratio of how many pints is needed to get me to that loverly merry point / and how many toilet stops , cos as we all know once drinking going to the toilets is like pringles .......once you pop you cant stop , burst the seal and your off every 10 minutes lol . How ever real Ale is great , some thing handed down the generations a tried and tested brew . Something made of undiscribeable substances but or you know is its cloudy . thick and it knocks you socks off . What ever your Drink or how many you have ....as long as it gets you there thats all that matters :blink::haha: .

ps just try not to make an arse of yourself lol

Cheers

Nathan :good: