Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Well This is Just Dumb

it happens a lot in Israel and surrounding areas..

it's dumb but what can you do about it?

Just prosecute those who do it I guess.

Backwards thinking. its the 21st century, not the 2nd century.

i was post that....suck man...

damn watta Regred :blink:

here we had it...native people that were killing their kids(its very common), those kind of people live isolate in the jungle, that's a different case... so we had the discussion here...Punish or not to punsh this kind of people(ie: state in their buisness), veru delicated issue... but i think its inadimissible from people that are already integrated in society and live by its precepts.

Edited by Silverbolt

The family, originally from Kabul, Afghanistan, spent 15 years in Dubai before moving to Montreal two years ago.

That explains it all :rolleyes:

You'd think someone should be able to understand writings from medieval times cannot be used for how to behave in the 21st century. How he called police and reported the car missing as if the daughters took off, so he clearly knew the concept of "honor killings" was a savage act in the civilized world.

That explains it all :rolleyes:

You'd think someone should be able to understand writings from medieval times cannot be used for how to behave in the 21st century. How he called police and reported the car missing as if the daughters took off, so he clearly knew the concept of "honor killings" was a savage act in the civilized world.

that's the point, if you move to a country , you need to integrate it, because it will not change because of you. :no:

There's been a few "honor killings" in the US in the past decade or so. Usually the guilty parties are serving rather stiff sentences.

It does happen a lot here in Israel (unfortunately)... It is an arab cultural thing that goes back hundreds, possibly even thousands of years...Generally it is not practiced in the larger, more educated metropolitan areas, being much more common in smaller arab villages. It is generally prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law... As it should be!! In my opinion, this is the same mentality that leads them to blow up our busses and shoot rockets at us. This primitive mindset (that is passed down in the Arab "education system") is the dominating force in the Muslim world andis one of the primary forces actively impeding any possible progress towards Peace. After all, why stop killing the infidels, their enemies, when their culture says that even murdering their own is acceptable (and in many cases honourable)?

On the other hand, our murder rate is among the lowest in the civilized world. Violent crime is rare enough that every incident is front page news across all our newspapers... When I lived in Atlanta, for comparison, violence and crime are common enough that most incidents went unreported, and, often, uninvestigated... I'll take my Israel any day :-)

uhm, how about stop? its the 21st century, its time to evolve or get out of the gene pool.

this is by no means directed at any particular nationality, its a suggestion for the entire planet.

uhm, how about stop? its the 21st century, its time to evolve or get out of the gene pool.

this is by no means directed at any particular nationality, its a suggestion for the entire planet.

it sounds easy to say "stop it"... but what are we suppose to do? put a cop in each arab\beduin home?

it's the 21st century and people believe in stupid things from thousands and thousands years ago

Mad-Dog, where are you from in Israel?

Edited by Nesher

Tel Aviv... the bubble:-) Prior to that i lived at kibbutz naan outside rehovot... I'm originally from New York, however...so, uh, yeah... What about you, where are you from nesher?

Tel Aviv... the bubble:-) Prior to that i lived at kibbutz naan outside rehovot... I'm originally from New York, however...so, uh, yeah... What about you, where are you from nesher?

:good:

eh, i hope it still funny

I guess i should read before i type...

So youre practically my neighbor, nesher... :-)