Sign in to follow this  
Velvet

The amazing shrinking TAC

Does anyone know how to reduce the size of the TAC display? I believe Uncle Al had a thread out there explaining it at one point, but I can seem to find it.

Thanks,

Velvet

You can edit the size in your ViewUI.xml file. It's located here:

C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\Microsoft\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\

Make a copy of your original file before continuing.

Open the ViewUI.xml file with notepad.

Look near the bottom and you'll see the following text:

<TacticalDisplay BGIMage="tactical_display.dds" BGPos="0 0" BGSize="512 512" BGScale="0.30" BackColor="0x1f0000FF" Mode="0"/> <TacticalDisplayMetric BGIMage="tactical_display.dds" BGPos="0 0" BGSize="512 512" BGScale="0.30" BackColor="0x1f0000FF" Mode="0"/> <TargetCone/> <TargetConeMetric/> <HUDPipper BGImage="reticule.dds" BGPos="0 0" BGSize="64 64"/> <HUDPipperMetric BGImage="reticule.dds" BGPos="0 0" BGSize="64 64"/> <LabelDisplay BGImage="brackets.dds" BGPos="0 0" BGSize="32 32" ShowRank="0" ShowKills="0" ShowType="0" DrawBrackets="1"/> <LabelDisplayMetric BGImage="brackets.dds" BGPos="0 0" BGSize="32 32"/> </HUD> </Settings>

I've marked in bold red text what you need to change. Just experiment until you find what you're looking for.

ADDED BY SANDBAGGER:

Excuse me for adding to this post.

I use Vista 64 operating system and here's how I did the change:

C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields - open ViewUI.xml file.

If you find you can't change the data exit and right click for Properties. Then change the Open With to Wordpad or NotePad, apply and exit. Now you should be able to change the data.

On my rig I was also able to do this at the following path:

'Your name' folder/Application Data main folder/Roaming/Microsoft/CFSWWW1 Over Flanders Fields - open ViewUI.xml file.

I set my display to 0.15 for both entries (on a 24 inch monitor). You can move the display around the screen as you wish.

You can edit the size in your ViewUI.xml file. It's located here:

Thanks for the tip :good:

Thanks Winston.

Uncle Al, maybe we should add this to the Help/Tips section.

Winston & Sandbagger,

I seem to be having troubles... I also run a Vista 64 bit (kind of new to it). I don't seem to have a directory path like Sandbagger discribed, but I changed all the ViewUI.xml files I could find on my system to BGScale = "0.15" (yes, I'm changing both lines of code). None seem to have an effect. Am I missing something?

Velvet

Winston & Sandbagger,

I seem to be having troubles... I also run a Vista 64 bit (kind of new to it). I don't seem to have a directory path like Sandbagger discribed, but I changed all the ViewUI.xml files I could find on my system to BGScale = "0.15" (yes, I'm changing both lines of code). None seem to have an effect. Am I missing something?

Velvet

I don't use vista, but it seems you're missing the ViewUI.xml that you need to change. Try a windows search and see if you can find another instance of it on your HD. Maybe someone with Vista can give you the correct path to the file?

I don't use vista, but it seems you're missing the ViewUI.xml that you need to change. Try a windows search and see if you can find another instance of it on your HD. Maybe someone with Vista can give you the correct path to the file?

VISTA users:

There is a ViewUI.xml file in the actual Over Flanders Fields folder, but that is not the file to change.

Try this pah;

C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields

Thanks Sandbagger,

I wasn't finding the address in the directory structure, but when I typed it in, I was able to find it. It must be one of those "hidden" locations. I'll have to look into turning that Vista feature off.

Velvet

This is another one of those gems that needs to find it's way into the Knowledge Base OvS is putting together.

Thanks much!

Hi

Thanks Winston!:good:

Now I have a smaller TAC :biggrin:

:drinks:

S!

vonOben

Hi

Thanks Winston!:good:

Now I have a smaller TAC :biggrin:

:drinks:

S!