Sign in to follow this  
Big John

X45 Help

I just got my x45 but I am having problems installing it. This is my first time with a usb controller so maybe i don't understand something. It has been install by the book. But I can't seem to get it to work in sims like Flanker 2.5. Does it appear in the game controllers selection in the control panel. I am using win98se. Help please. I want to use this thing baddly as my ch combat stick die. And I have been with out a stick for a while.

it should be listed as a gamecontroller. Also if it is installed correctly it you should have a little joystick icon on your taskbar.

Flanker 2.5 has a USB bug - you need to patch to 2.51 (which will break your training missions).

It does not appear in the game controller selection. The icon appears in the bottom of the screen. So is it installed or isn't it?

hmm ... would say ness or yo

but - If you rightclick the icon on the proccess line you should be able to select "control panel" where you can see if it registers input and wether or not you can calibrate it.

I'm not sure about the Flanker 2.5 but try testing with other games. If it still doesn't work then try to reinstall.

if you right click on my computer icon>properties>Devise manager>sound,video,game controllers>open that box....see if it's listed there.if not do a COMPLETE uninstall and with win 98SE do a defrag and scan disc..now go to Siateks website and download the latest drivers for 98.install the drivers and then plug in your stick.follow the prompts.If this doesn't work,go to the control panel and open the add hardware wizard...see if it picks it up,if not check your USB hub...could be there.