Made a whole post but my comp screwed it up so here is the summary.

F-111F in my WOE can't load Pave Tack and so LGBs are useless. Never had problem with A-10s last year in basic setup. Yes, i've done CTRL-O out of curiousity.

BTW... A-7 in 79 campaign can't load drop tanks. (Unless i'm so totally clueless i must have missed something simple)

Hints anyone?

Made a whole post but my comp screwed it up so here is the summary.

F-111F in my WOE can't load Pave Tack and so LGBs are useless. Never had problem with A-10s last year in basic setup. Yes, i've done CTRL-O out of curiousity.

BTW... A-7 in 79 campaign can't load drop tanks. (Unless i'm so totally clueless i must have missed something simple)

Hints anyone?

I have the same problem, not just with the F model, but also the Australian C model. I had SF2/V/E merged install and the SF2 weapons pack. Tried to edit the ini files of Pave Tack, but still no luck. I appeared that Pave Tack did show in the available weapons in the loadout screen, but it's quantity is zero...

pave tack was installed into F-111Fs in the factory (or depot?) permanantly. they did not carry weapons internally but used pave tack for external PGM's or for ranging on dumb bombs. that may be why it doesn't show on load out but i've been able to use LGB with the F.

The Pavetack is autoloaded. You do not have to do anything. Its also set up as a laser pod on the aircraft. So it works out of the box without having to load a thing.

I think i know where i'm messing up. It's something along the lines of "Too high, too fast" ordnance delivery.

LGB's have very specific parameters for release. outside of that they are just expensive dumb bombs, esp. the early gens. also with Pave Tack your self designating and need to keep lasing the target until impact. if you break off or designate another target you'll have the round go dumb.

Folks, the Pave Tack on the F-111 is integrated into the model.

However, in normal flight, the Pave Tack is 'stowed' (like the real aircraft). The bombbay key is used to 'deploy' the Pave Tack which activates the animation for it rotating into position...and a separate ini entry makes the Pave Tack sensor appear to 'actively' seek targets if you are looking at the aircraft externally.

So don't screw with loading it...otherwise you could cause problems on the F-111.

FC

The bombbay key is used to 'deploy' the Pave Tack which activates the animation for it rotating into position...

Jackpot!

Mystery solved.

Thanks all.