Sign in to follow this  
Akmatov

Help - CFS3 v3.0 will not update to 3.1

Purchased BH&H a bit ago and finally have the time to set it up and launch in the the wild blue yonder. -errr, ops.

* Installed CFS3 - checked and it plays

* Downloaded the v3.1 patch

* Run the 3.1 patch and get the message "Patch Error - Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match"

So I am blocked from being able to install BH&H.

I have no clue what is wrong.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Purchased BH&H a bit ago and finally have the time to set it up and launch in the the wild blue yonder. -errr, ops.

* Installed CFS3 - checked and it plays

* Downloaded the v3.1 patch

* Run the 3.1 patch and get the message "Patch Error - Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match"

So I am blocked from being able to install BH&H.

I have no clue what is wrong.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

If i remeber right,,,i got the same message last time i had to reinstall cfs3. The way i think it went, when i did the patch it asked me if i wanted to make a backup of my existing files that it was going to replace...and I said yes,,,and then i got that error message,,,(this is all from memory,,so could be wrong about how it went,,but the solution i do remeber.)..

I looked in my cfs3 directory,,and found a file with a .bkp extension (backup),,(example....database.xml was changed to database.xml.bkp).....so i remove the .bkp extension, and reran the patch,,,and it updated fine.

now,,cant say im completly happy with my bhah install after that. even though im completly happy with how the game plays,,its reporting frame rates that are way too low....they get down to 8fps some times..

so,,,if my problem is the same as yours....i would highly recommend removing cfs3,,,reinstalling,,and when you install the patch,,,when it ask if you want to make a backup file,,say no....and i think that will solve the error message problem,,,,,

going to assume the cfs3 you installed is not already patched to 3.1 (some newer versions are i guess)

hope this is all of some help

Edited by sitting_duck

At a guess, it sounds like you enlisted a pilot in CFS3 and flew at least one mission with him. The game then creates data for this pilot's career. Hence when you try to uninstall the game, it asks if you wish to back up this data.

A complete uninstall/reinstall should do the trick, but you'll lose this pilot's record. Perhaps if he's someone special to you, you could save it as some unrelated filename (myfavoritepilot.bkp) and place it on your desktop. Then if you wish to take him up again, you can re-insert him.

I would suggest that after a successful reinstall of CFS3, with a subsequent install of OFF (with the three required patches), that you won't be flying CFS3 again. OFF will consume your life, as it has done to many happy people here.

:biggrin: