Sign in to follow this  
thewoo1

rockets and balloons

the rockets appear to be angled do you use the sight to aim them or do you get below the balloon: will mg fire take down a balloon: thanks thewoo1

Rockets tend to drop pretty fast so it is easier to hit the balloon if you are diving on it (shallow is fine) If you are coming in level to it and fire the rockets they will probably miss (go under) unless you are really close to the balloon, or at least this has been my experience. By the way rockets are really nice for attacking ground targets like airfields, and railroad depots.

Yes you can take out a balloon with machine guns, it just takes a little longer.

Beard

I was pretty lousy with rockets so i went into qc and did some practice...

kept my altitude around 1200 ft ( or yards,,if that is what the hud is measured in),,,,

when distance to target was around 2000ft (or yards again,,never been able to figure out what that distance a label shows to target is measured in),,,,would go into about a 45 degree dive,,pick a reference point in my field of view,,,and put the target in the center of that reference point....when the target was around 1000ft...would shoot rockets,,,and depending on where they hit,,would adjust the reference point either up or down..

Eventually, you find a reference point that at that altitude,,,and that dive,,,and that distance from target, will give pretty good results...

then you try it from farther away,,,higher,,etc etc,,and jot down if the reference point has to be raised or lowered to adjust.