Sign in to follow this  
Jimko

VC Prop blur

I know that this has been explained before, but I've forgotten the reasons why the spinning prop blur is generally missing in the virtual cockpit views..? It sometimes appears briefly in some ac at some angles and I know there was a reason for that too...??

More importantly, will we ever be able to have the spinning prop blur in VC, in any shape or form? I remember in CFS2, we could alter the appearance so that we could have it appear in many forms. Perhaps, even just a trace of the spinning prop tips would be possible which I remember gave a pretty good 'immersion' effect.

Wondering... :unsure:

I recall (vaguely) someone suggesting it has to do with the prop being so close to the pilot (versus WW2 planes, which CSF3 expects) and somehow that makes it not show (??).

Regardless of the cause it is probably hard coded, so might be a long wait for that to be tweaked, if ever.

Yes, that's exactly why. The prop dissapears if you're point of view is too close to it. If you have trackIR you can demonstrate this by getting a long nosed machine (Albatros, SE5a etc) and leaning back.

I think it must be hard coded, otherwise the team would have shortened the distance you could be from the prop without it dissapearing.

Thanks guys...I remember those comments now. Yes, you're both right, the distance from the eyepoint to the prop was the issue. I guess that's the reason it won't change soon, if ever with the CFS3 engine.

Re the eye exam...yes, my eyes were checked recently...old but still working ok. Mind you, they were not checked for prop blur recognition, but to see if I could identify tall buildings! Or was that the mental ability test...damn, I'm confused... :umnik2:

We never say never, but it's a tough one. We have some ideas, just time as always ...

We never say never, but it's a tough one. We have some ideas, just time as always ...

It's not the most major issue, and I'm sure you've got many other more urgent things to work on. But, if you ever get it solved, it would be quite a nice big piece of eye candy, I believe!

Good Luck with it, and maybe, someday... :idea: