Sign in to follow this  
ordway

MIG-23MS Cockpit- export combat veteran version- Tangled with USN F-14s Version V.1.3 (Also version used by USAF Constant Peg aggressor program in USA).

MIG-23MS Cockpit- export combat veteran version- Tangled with USN F-14s Version V.1.3 (Also version used by USAF Constant Peg aggressor program in USA).

This is the SFP1 series cockpit (version 1.0) for the first export version Mig-23, the Mig-23MS of the Mirage factory. Download the Mirage Factory Mig-23 package here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...le=5211Mig-23MS cockpit almost ready.

This is the Mig-23MS cockpit in a light blue Russian color (from photos) and modded to the Mig-23MS standard from Armourdave and Sal's Mig-23 grey-colored cockpit. I believe that Mago & Badger 343rd did the orginal cockpit.

Changes:

I repainted it in a light Russian blue (from color photos) and added (and took away) some details, placards, added new switches and instruments and panels from color photos and Mig-23 cockpit diagrams of the Mig-23Ss. I deleted the radar warning reciever and eliminated the pitot tube.

The Mig-23 series was the USSR's "most capable tactical fighter during the height of the cold war" according to a Jane's recognition guide.*

The Mig-23MS export version saw heavy Arab-Israeli combat in the middle east and had combat with USN F-14s near Libya. It was a downgraded Mig-23 S/M export version with a Mig-21 RP-22SM 'Jay Bird' radar in a smaller radome, and the IRST was removed. It reportedly had a radar scope on the dash like the Mig-21 series. This variant had no BVR capability.

It was extremely fast at low level, had outstanding acceleration and a superb climb rate. However, it maneuvered like a truck (including roll). It reportedly shot down some Israeli F-4s and perhaps an Israeli F-16 according to some Russian and some other sources.

http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/article_273.shtml

I find in the SFP1 series that if I attack enemy aircraft at max speed at extremely low level, that I can pop up and even kill an occasional F-16 and escape.

Directions:

1) Back up your Mig-23M folder .

2) Now secondly download this other additional Mig-23 package from the Mirage Factory and install it (the Mig-23MS will not work without it):

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5211

2) Just put this whole filefolder Mig-23MS contents into the Mig-23MS aircraft folder .

3) When asked to overwrite say yes.

Finished!

4) OPTIONAL: Add Nele's advanced Mig-23MS flight model...not for beginners. Just take the Mig-23MS_data.ini from the included Nele folder and drop it into the Mig-23MS folder. Say yes when asked to overwrite.

To go back to the easy original flight model just use the Mig-23MS_data.ini from the included original folder and drop it into the Mig-23MS folder. Say yes when asked to overwrite.

Enjoy!

Thanks to Mago & Badger 343rd for the original Mig-21 cockpit.

Thanks to Armourdave and Sal for the idea and modifying the Mago/Badger Mig-21 cockpit for original Mig-23 use so I could modify it further into Mig-23MS standards. Thanks to Nele for the optional advanced flight model.

V.1.2- I added buttons under the warning light panels as per photos and from experience on

the Mig-27 cockpits.

V.1.3- I made a panel wider and more visible. I added on a Hobbs-type meter.

* Jane's Vintage Aircraft Recognition Guide by Tony Holmes, 2005.

NOT FOR PAYWARE USE IN ANY WAYWAY