Sign in to follow this  

When I cycle through AG weapons and select a bomb the HUD changes to CCIP pipper, which extends below the HUD and into the pit. It does this in both SFP1 and WOE(patched and unmodded, and on both VISTA and XP, and in all aircraft).

Is there a fix for this, or is that how it is modeled?

Thanks.

When I cycle through AG weapons and select a bomb the HUD changes to CCIP pipper, which extends below the HUD and into the pit. It does this in both SFP1 and WOE(patched and unmodded, and on both VISTA and XP, and in all aircraft).

Is there a fix for this, or is that how it is modeled?

Thanks.

In a word, no. According to the developer, it's a limitation of the game code. He can eliminate it, and we'll then have no CCIP, or we can keep CCIP, and learn to live with it.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

What I do is get more altitude, get closer and use a steeper AoA this way the CCIP is not hanging way below the hud and I dont select A2G until im almost at release point ( A 5 second count) :biggrin:

Thanks for he speedy replys.

Just wanted to make sure my system wasn't glitched before trying to troubleshoot ingame..

I made a few runs and noticed that the pipper stays in the HUD more with rockets and CBUs. As for 250 and 500LB bombs, they seem to(drop faster?) indicated by a lower pipper? I haven't tried any high drag ord yet. I was also starting my runs at 2000-8000ft which is probably to low.

Looking forward to the many campaigns and aircraft available.

Thanks for he speedy replys.

Just wanted to make sure my system wasn't glitched before trying to troubleshoot ingame..

I made a few runs and noticed that the pipper stays in the HUD more with rockets and CBUs. As for 250 and 500LB bombs, they seem to(drop faster?) indicated by a lower pipper? I haven't tried any high drag ord yet. I was also starting my runs at 2000-8000ft which is probably to low.

Looking forward to the many campaigns and aircraft available.

Starting your bomb run at 2000-8000ft can get you in trouble. When driving a bird with a CCIP I'm releasing at around 5000ft when I'm in a older bird I'm releasing at around 3000ft :biggrin:
  • Like 1

Starting your bomb run at 2000-8000ft can get you in trouble. When driving a bird with a CCIP I'm releasing at around 5000ft when I'm in a older bird I'm releasing at around 3000ft :biggrin:

I noticed the same thing. With a CCIP you can release higher with a surer hit potential than with a SWAG approach using the MK1.

• Like 1

In a word, no. According to the developer, it's a limitation of the game code. He can eliminate it, and we'll then have no CCIP, or we can keep CCIP, and learn to live with it.

That sounds.... strange. I can understand it being something hard-coded, but to be an all or none? Surely the dev could fix it, if you have access to the source and are the creater, nothing is impossible.

It's also a BIG shame too. Yeah, it can be worked around (as mentioned above, keep A2G off, change your approach, etc, to keep it high and inside), but that is a disappointing "solution". (and I'm just venting here, I know full well this post won't actually change anything sad.gif )

If only I could manage to hit stuff with intent rather than pure luck while not using a CCIP I'd be ok. lol!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

I noticed the same thing. With a CCIP you can release higher with a surer hit potential than with a SWAG approach using the MK1.

Yeah, it makes sense too, it's just doing the science for you. Technically it would be possible to do it without any help, but you'd have to have an intuitive feel for it, or a million charts and a solid, repeatable approach.

Near vert diving works well, but that requires so much atlitude that you become a big target for flak and SAMs here which is not fun (or feasable) - "fun" in the sense that you want to make it home intact. lol

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

That sounds.... strange. I can understand it being something hard-coded, but to be an all or none? Surely the dev could fix it, if you have access to the source and are the creater, nothing is impossible.

Well, you can contact TK at ThirdWire, and share your insights regarding this issue with him. It's only been broken for four years or so :blink:

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Well, you can contact TK at ThirdWire, and share your insights regarding this issue with him. It's only been broken for four years or so blink.gif

If you can make it, you can change it. That's all. However, time, desire, priorities, etc all get in the way of that. Clearly it's not something he has the time or desire to do - but that's not the same as it being impossible.

Sorry for lamenting. "Little" details like that are important (not vital, and less important than some others, but still important none-the-less). It's just a shame the owners, generally speaking, don't agree, that's all.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

First off, TW is a company of one. In all likelihood, TK makes a meager profit (if any) on the SF2 series, and stays in business by taking on outside work. So one can understandably see why it would be difficult for him to justify gutting the game engine, just to fix what amounts to no more than an inconsequential issue.

Edited by Fubar512
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Testy..... dry.gif Yeah, like I said "sorry for lamenting". I didn't think you would be taking it as a personal insult (as it is neither personal, nor an insult).

I am WELL aware that it's a small 1 to few person shop. And I am well aware of the time it takes to code, and also what a workload is like for one person (I have done some meager coding for myself, and I am an IT shop of 1 and among my users are a small coding shop of 2). That doesn't change anything I've said, nor necessitate or justify a response like those.

It's also not "inconsequential" either. If it were, then the same could be said of clouds, weather effects, and sounds (just to name a few). But I suppose that comment will bring more agument and vitriol too eh? (make me a dreaded "rivet counter" or something...? lol)

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

Tk has stated when were testing WOE, that he is keeping it that way and will not change it. Period. We asked him about it again last year and he said no he wasn't changing it.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

I don't have any of the second gen SF but I thought that TK has fixed this old bug?

btw discussion about it

http://bbs.thirdwire....php?f=5&t=6833

Its not a bug, He left it like that on purpose.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Tk has stated when were testing WOE, that he is keeping it that way and will not change it. Period. We asked him about it again last year and he said no he wasn't changing it.

to be honnest we'll see in the future

in past TK stated many times that he will not do "this thing" or the "other one" .......to finish by doing it. :grin:

the more recent exemple is a sim based on the f-14 tomcat....no no i will not do this to finally doing one (thanks to him)

and don't talk about some features asked for years and finally added

so i guess maybe he'll do it or not....nobody knows....even himself at this moment

• Like 1

to be honnest we'll see in the future

in past TK stated many times that he will not do "this thing" or the "other one" .......to finish by doing it. :grin:

the more recent exemple is a sim based on the f-14 tomcat....no no i will not do this to finally doing one (thanks to him)

and don't talk about some features asked for years and finally added

so i guess maybe he'll do it or not....nobody knows....even himself at this moment

Going by what I've heard, the Tomcat sim may be based on entirely new engine...

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1