Sign in to follow this  
Revthought

What am I doing wrong?

So I have OFF version 1.0 installed--unfortunately patching it gives me an error about an ace skin and I end up having to reinstall the game.

I started a campaign as a British pilot, and even got myself a couple kills (the claim system is intense btw... cheers guys!). The first two missions played fine, but I now seem to have a reoccurring problem... I'm given a mission, make it to the field and take off...

About a minute after take off when I start to circle the airfield to get altitude I'm being kicked back to the mission briefing screen.

I'm curious if this is a known issue or if I'm just doing something wrong?

-R

Answered you in the other thread. Don't spam - we will help you.

Answered you in the other thread. Don't spam - we will help you.

I appreciate the help! I am not spamming though, if you read the whole post its a different issue I'm asking about (though I mentioned the previous issue in the thread, tis' true.)

Basically I'm being kicked back to the mission briefing screen about a minute after taking off during a campaign (the first 2 missions played fine, this issue showed up on the 3rd mission).

-R

I normally run 4-4-3-3-4-1 Avg high 30's FPS, I boosted sliders to 4-4-4-4-4-1 AVG 20 FPS but smooth, and it looked great, for 2 missions, then it repeatedly crashed to the briefing room, I returned my sliders and Never Looked Back

I'm still getting this problem when running the game in XP and Vista. In Vista I actually get an error message, and I won't make it 5 seconds into any mission after it occurs until I restart my machine.

In XP I'll just randomly crash to the OFF manager. Sometimes the game in XP will hang on a loading screen, and I will not be able to force quit the application... I just have to restart the whole damn computer manually.

And all of my settings are on 2 from the CFS3 menu, which is sad since I'm running an Nvidia 9800gtx+ in this machine.

Any thoughts,

Cheers,

-R