Winder

Current Status - Super Patch

Rats, No Choos-choos? and No huge Secondary Explosions? Double Rats!! :no: LOL

OlPaint01

Rats, No Choos-choos? and No huge Secondary Explosions? Double Rats!! :no: LOL

OlPaint01

Choo choos are in since P1...

WM

OK, I grant that we have had Railroad Trains since P1. But how about the railway tracks for them to run on between the railway yards that are visible in the landscape? Just curious? In my other life I am a RailFan. :biggrin: LOL

OlPaint01

Point 7 should be great for people with little time, who want the campaign for the immersion,

but not the whole start-and-circle-field.

And I'm curious about the SPAD - maybe some more of us will fly that crate now.

OH MAN, more sweetness from the Dev team! You guys are just spoiling us you know, (and I love being spoiled). :biggrin:

Cheers!

Lou

OK, I grant that we have had Railroad Trains since P1. But how about the railway tracks for them to run on between the railway yards that are visible in the landscape? Just curious? In my other life I am a RailFan. :biggrin: LOL

OlPaint01

We are working on that but its very time consuming - it is about 40% done and will not be in this patch.

WM

Thanks WM. You know what they say - Anticipation is making me wait!

I appreciate all the patches you Devs publish. Every one makes the sim so much better.

But I am so looking forward to navigating by rail. :good:

OlPaint01

I come back from a short work-related trip and what do I find here - an incoming super-patch! Excellent! I'm especially looking forward to the Spad improvements. Do you care to elaborate what else has been changed in addition to their stall speeds? Are they now a bit more manoeuvrable perhaps? :good:

Now that is a GREAT list!!!

I love #'s 7 & 8 as in the morning - before I go off to work - I am time limited and would love to jump into some action that is a bit more complete/realistic than the present Quick Mission options. :good:

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

If only other game devs would take a leaf out of your books :victory: :fans: :ok:

P.s.

Dont you guys EVER take a rest???

We are working on that but its very time consuming - it is about 40% done and will not be in this patch.

WM

WM means to say it's very very very time consuming. Poor Makai is spending hours noting the locations down. Maybe by 2020 it will be done - and then WM has to update all those locations in the sim bang.

Outstanding, simply outstanding the service we get from these guys.

:worship:

Very impressive list of new goodies indeed. I hate to hijack a thread with questions though, but has there been any developments on the MP issues that have been reported, such as certain planes being unflyable in missions (Sop Tripe 2gun, Nieuport w/ Lewis, Sop. Strut)?

Also, can you give a bit more info on this new Damage Model? Where does it stand in relation to the existing 'normal' and hardcore models or, if possible in comparison to the newer fan created ones floating around?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Madmatt

Excellent news! I like the immortal switch for quickies. Can't wait to see the updated scenery too :ok:

Wow! Thanks OBD! Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me..... I'm a happy, lucky bastard, happy birthday to me. :clapping:

Very impressive list of new goodies indeed. I hate to hijack a thread with questions though, but has there been any developments on the MP issues that have been reported, such as certain planes being unflyable in missions (Sop Tripe 2gun, Nieuport w/ Lewis, Sop. Strut)?

Also, can you give a bit more info on this new Damage Model? Where does it stand in relation to the existing 'normal' and hardcore models or, if possible in comparison to the newer fan created ones floating around?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Madmatt

Hello:

1) We are completing the SP issues and mods for the Super Patch and then will be doing MP and the associated testing thereof and the remaining Global Layer issues (railywards etc) there after - I will look into MP as promised, but we are a very small team so things are not always as fast as we would like.

2) DM: Pol worked hard on it and you guys can play with it and also we encourage third party DM mods as before, as its hard to keep everyone happy. I can say that the DM is in between the old Normal and Hardcore to me by what I see in game but please don't start making assumptions etc as teh patch testing is not complete yet.

Old DMs will probably not work on this patch so guys you can all have fun with making new ones if you desire!

In reality we have in past versions bumped the DM to offset the fact that we are way better pilots than in WW1 (many more hours in the virtual pit) and we have no fear of losing our life.

We have reversed this somewhat and are currently looking into making it harder to make victories in other ways, and we are quite excited about this but no promises or hints yet.

So lets see how it all pans out!

Unlike many commercial ventures we simply keep plugging away and hopefully making it better as we go.

HTH

WM

lol Olham thats exactly what my point was about as well!

Yeah I must admit though Pol and I may battle to make 1000 craft in 5 months but we do work hard!

:biggrin:

WM

Would like to see some early models of 2 seaters flying alone or just a pair ( meat on the table) then our scores will go up or an easy to burn model of early single seaters N 10 S ? or Farman or Voision ( cant ya just drool over these easy kills flying alone over the lines with fat flamable gas tanks)

Soooo... I'm probably wrong but, it sounds like we will need to make a clean install and then hit it with the super patch? Not a problem for me, only wondering.

Soooo... I'm probably wrong but, it sounds like we will need to make a clean install and then hit it with the super patch? Not a problem for me, only wondering.

Should not be necessary at all.

HTH

WM

Outstanding works guys. A lot of really great ideas to make gameplay more accessible to those of us who can't fly DiD standard due to time constraints. Very suprised to hear about the scenery and terrain texture updates. I think they already look awesome, so I can't wait to see what you've done with them. New FM for the Spad (hurray!!) and a way to use my pilot in quick combat to test strategies without risking killing him. new DM model sounds interesting too. All in all another superb effort by OBD. Thank you.

Hellshade

So to clarify it: we could just install the patch over the sim as it is now?