Sign in to follow this  
pistitom

graphics-don't understand

Hi guys, sg really strange happened with my external view, as if the resolution were set to 1024X768, although it's set to 1280X800...first I thought it was some anti-aliasing issue, but I have it turned on...check these shots, during game it's the same...could some kind of virus cause such a thing? I had the game reinstalled ( again :rofl: )...but nothing changed...It wasn't this bad until yesterday...

post-45316-1248957840_thumb.jpg

post-45316-1248957877_thumb.jpg

You need to ensure that your aspect ratio is set to 'Wide Screen Display, 16 x10". Secondly, in the Graphics setting of your flightengine.ini, set the aspect ratio to "1.6" (by default, it'll still show 1.333, even if you have the aspect ratio set correctly in your options screen). The second one should not be necessary, though I believe that I've noticed that the game runs smoother if you perform that edit.

You need to ensure that your aspect ratio is set to 'Wide Screen Display, 16 x10". Secondly, in the Graphics setting of your flightengine.ini, set the aspect ratio to "1.6" (by default, it'll still show 1.333, even if you have the aspect ratio set correctly in your options screen). The second one should not be necessary, though I believe that I've noticed that the game runs smoother if you perform that edit.

thx a lot, I tried both 16X10, 16X9, but didn't change the ini file, i'll do that now...thank You

Hi guys, sg really strange happened with my external view, as if the resolution were set to 1024X768, although it's set to 1280X800...first I thought it was some anti-aliasing issue, but I have it turned on...check these shots, during game it's the same...could some kind of virus cause such a thing? I had the game reinstalled ( again :rofl: )...but nothing changed...It wasn't this bad until yesterday...

Judging from your shots, you're missing antialiasing and anisotropic filtering (on ground textures).

Judging from your shots, you're missing antialiasing and anisotropic filtering (on ground textures).

Thanks guys for the help,

Fubar, it didn't work, but thx anyway...It's strange, because I never changed any res. value in any config file...Qbexgo, I have anis.filt turned on...the point is that this change came out of the blue, just like that....A virus can't do that, can it?...

Open up your options.ini file, and make sure it's using 1280x800.

Open up your options.ini file, and make sure it's using 1280x800.

that was the first thing I did..... :sorry:

What video card? Have you recently updated the display driver?

What video card? Have you recently updated the display driver?

No updates, I didn't change anything...it's an intel card , but that shouldn't matter, because until yesterday I had absolutely no problem with the game...with 1280X800 it was all just fine...

Ok, here's a new one, reinstalled Woe, no oct.08 patch, no NF, just plain Woe,.anis. filter on, 1280X800 :32....

performed scans, no virus, nothing, same result...maybe sg. wrong with the directX 9 ? I'm slowly becoming desperate, I just don't get it...

post-45316-1249041352_thumb.jpg

It's not just WOE...suddenly ALL the games display the same problem ( IL-2 Sturmovik, GTR2 )...I have no idea what this is...please, if anybody has any idea...my graphic settings are unchanged...my laptop's dying? :dntknw: ..please, any idea is welcome, I have no one else to ask ( all my friends are musicians and linguists :blush: )

Again, which video card?

and linguists

Useless bunch... I should know, I graduated as one.

It's not just WOE...suddenly ALL the games display the same problem ( IL-2 Sturmovik, GTR2 )...I have no idea what this is...please, if anybody has any idea...my graphic settings are unchanged...my laptop's dying? :dntknw: ..please, any idea is welcome, I have no one else to ask ( all my friends are musicians and linguists :blush: )

It's a laptop, and the fact that uses an Intel IGP, means that it's not a gaming laptop. You may be asking a bit more of it, than it can deliver.

Same thing here, but the reason is that my laptop's chipset graphic card is too weak ( I guess ) no solution for me, even in 1440x900 in 16:10, so ..

but why did it change suddenly, from one day to another? until now there was no such problem at all...

Did you recently load any software that may be making demands on the unit's shared memory? From experience, I can tell you, that given 2-3 GB of system memory, WoI or SF2 will use 1-1.25 GB of it. And,that's assuming that you have a separate video card, with a healthy (at least 512 MB) frame buffer. With an IGP that shares system memory, well, I can easily see it coming up short at some point.

Did you recently load any software that may be making demands on the unit's shared memory? From experience, I can tell you, that given 2-3 GB of system memory, WoI or SF2 will use 1-1.25 GB of it. And,that's assuming that you have a separate video card, with a healthy (at least 512 MB) frame buffer. With an IGP that shares system memory, well, I can easily see it coming up short at some point.

Well, couple of days ago I installed GTR2...if that's what You mean...as for the term 'frame buffer', I've no idea what that means...here are some data, You know better than me what's what...

DirectX* Version: 9.0

Physical Memory: 1015 MB

Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB

Maximum Graphics Memory: 128 MB

Graphics Memory in Use: 10 MB

Processor: x86 family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12

Processor Speed: 1828 MHZ

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 27AE

Device Revision: 03

Monitor Name: Plug and Play Monitor

Display Type: Digital

Gamma Value: 2.20

DDC2 Protocol: Supported

Maximum Image Size: Horizontal: Not Available

Vertical: Not Available

Graphics memory isn't promising much. :blink:

Right-click on desktop. Properties->Settings->Advanced->Adapter - What does it say in Adapter type?

Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family...

OK, a "frame buffer" is another way of defining graphics memory. So, 512 MB frame buffer = 512 MB of graphics memory. The minimum specs for the series is 128 MB, and that may not be enough to run anything other than the lowest settings.

I'd say that with the latest patches or the lastest TW titles, 128 MB of video memory = minimal specs. 256 = low end. 512 MB = mid range. 896 -1024 MB = high end.

I'm getting even more confused...Untill yesterday I played WOE- NF4 with aircraft detail and texture set to high,cockpit unlimited, water high, all others medium ( shadows low) and had absolutely no problem-GTR2 with max settings, same 1280 X 800 X 32 , IL-2 the same, max settings, no problems at all, and now suddenly the video card just gave up? couldn't take it anymore? these games still run, no fps hit, just this graphic problem...with all of them...so You say this can happen as time passes? ok, I probably give You the impression that I'm an idiot ( You wouldn't be wrong :no: ), but I still don't understand...

No FPS hit? I guess it's sort of hard to tell the difference between 9 and 10 FPS.

Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family...

Same than mine ! The weird thing is that you did succeed in having high res rendering as you said, because I never was able to !

Same than mine ! The weird thing is that you did succeed in having high res rendering as you said, because I never was able to !

LOL, You say I shouldn't have been able to play with these settings??? :rofl::rofl::rofl: OMG, I love my laptop ( that is I LOVED my laptop)

Some new info : it gets worse and worse as I zoom out...maybe this helps....