Sign in to follow this  
sitting_duck

a quick revelation about new dms

Did not know this yesterday,,which is why we spent almost 2 hours getting mismatched aircraft in mp

fortisboy 1.1 modifies most,,but not all of the aircraft dm

fortisboys 1.2 modifies more (if not all), of the aircraft dm

so if a pilot goes to 1.2 dm,,and then reloads the 1.1 dm,,,the planes that get modified in 1.2 but DO NOT get modified in 1.1 will still be at the 1.2 dm (hope this makes sense)

so,,to go back to 1.1, think a pilot has to reload the original hardcore dm,,,setting ALL the planes back to one standard,,and then apply the 1.1

but why for any reason would you want to go back to Fortiesboy's 1.1? 1.2 has the same DM, plus now all the planes are done. 1.2 is NOT a new damage model. It just now has more a/c that are modified. I see no reason to load the 1.1 DM anymore.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

The post was just for the fact that one: it has always been said that if you wanted to revert to a previouse dm, all you had to do was load the previous dm,,and you would be all set...this is not the case in dm1.2 and dm1.1

and two, wasnt sure that the 1.2 had been universally accepted as the one we where going to use..

and three,,felt it was a relavant piece of information that should be shared...

but if i read winder's post about the new super patch,,,all this is mute,,,,as he indicated all previous dm's will not work with this patch...

Ah yes, all this will be moot when the new patch arrives. Hopefully Fortiesboy and Herr Prop Wasche won't tire of making updated damage models for future versions. Or maybe the new OFF dm may be suitable for us? You know the hardcore DM was great and worked well for us, it just doesn't show the damage as well as the others.

Until then, I believe the multiplayer session host will decide which DM to use. No matter which, it takes but a few minutes to install whatever one is required, and arriving early for the session will give everyone a chance to test their installation before start time.