Sign in to follow this  
Condor44

Mission and Flight Time no Recorded

3) Check what other apps are running at the same time as OFF or just before you start OFF - esp the apps that minimise all overheads for some magical improvement in FPS - be wary of these.

WM

I use "EndItAll2" as:

- The interface is very simple

- You can lock apps that you don't want "killed" (Track IR, joystick software, NHancer)

- Once you run the kill apps routine you exit and the program closes

No muss - no fuss - less overhead - more FPS.

I got rid of the no CD crack exe and replaced it with the original that I had saved as CSF3orig.exe (and yes, I did change the name back to CSF3.exe) but I still got goose eggs on my last mission with the CSF3 . I was going to attempt a complete reinstall but after reading Homeboy's post further down I have my doubts about that. I do run Norton 360 on this box. I don't know if that could be the problem. Any other Norton 360 out there? I know Homeboy uses a different AV (I believe it's Avira) and he also has the same problem. Homeboy uses alacrity PC to shutdown processes and programs when he starts OFF but I do not. I shut down what I can manually in task manager. Is there a list of known processes that interfere with OFF.?

I have PC Doctor. But that doesn't matter as - when I fly:

- I disconnect the internet (I have a wireless USB modem and the router is hardwired to my sons PC)

- I shut down all programs I can - including PC Doctor - via EndItAll

- I run OFF

The only drawback is I have to reboot to restore the protection if I need to connect to the internet after simming - a rare occurence.

Hey, I guess I can never play RoF with this method, huh? :rofl:

Homeboy please try 1.32c WM managed to add a new option to disable the quiting back to Manager when you are dead. See if that helps with your issue.

Well, I'm now using the CFS3 (v3.1) CD in the drive. The no CD crack exe is gone. I've tried disconnecting from the internet and shutting down antivirus. I'm not using any software to shut down precesses when I start the game. I'm still getting goose eggs with respect to data recorded in the pilot dossier following a successaful flight. Interestingly, if I get killed, captured behind enemy lines, or crash in friendly territory and survive all of the time, etc is recorded in the pilot's dossier and the flight is logged in the flight log. It's only when my flights are successful (i.e. I return and land safely, almost always with at least one kill that the flight is not recordeded in the pilots dossier. when I run the flight review, however, every ting is there. I'm stumped.

Condor, I don't know if I understand much but let me ask this. Are you flying Quick Combat or Campaign? I think that at the end of Q/C that's it, no info, no claim report, just time logged. In Campaign you get the information and the opportunity to enter a claim if you bagged an E/A. Oh heck I don't know.

I concur with Condor.

It appears that the more successful my mission is (I get kills and return safely), the more likely the mission does not get recorded. What is really strange is this appears to be getting steadily worse for me. I was some eight missions into my latest campaign with some four opportunities to fill out a claims form with only one or two goose-eggs sprinkled in and toward the end I wasn't getting any recorded flights at all because I was coming home safe. Of course, through all the testing, I've had to delete that pilot so I don't have any now with any successful missions.

RC,

We are speaking strictly of campaigns here. No QCs. BTW, I believe you are correct in your description.

Edited by HomeBoy

Well, I'm now using the CFS3 (v3.1) CD in the drive. The no CD crack exe is gone. I've tried disconnecting from the internet and shutting down antivirus. I'm not using any software to shut down precesses when I start the game. I'm still getting goose eggs with respect to data recorded in the pilot dossier following a successaful flight. Interestingly, if I get killed, captured behind enemy lines, or crash in friendly territory and survive all of the time, etc is recorded in the pilot's dossier and the flight is logged in the flight log. It's only when my flights are successful (i.e. I return and land safely, almost always with at least one kill that the flight is not recordeded in the pilots dossier. when I run the flight review, however, every ting is there. I'm stumped.

I am flying campaigns.

A couple of thoughts. Are you returning to the correct airbase? Do you land first or let your wing mates land first?

Most importantly, was your mission a total success or a total failure? In P2, sometimes a message box would display asking you if you wanted to end a mission early after you accomplished all objectives or failed to accomplish any. This was removed in P3. I'm wondering if this message is being triggered in your missions but is not seen because it was removed in P3. My guess is that if you don't end your mission quickly after this invisible message is triggered then the CFS3 engine erases or overwrites the early part of your mission. :dntknw:

The issue is exiting the game without ending the mission. Exiting CFS3 does just that, exits. You MUST exit using Esc, End Mission basically.

See FAQ I added a new one to explain it. Q31.

The issue is exiting the game without ending the mission. Exiting CFS3 does just that, exits. You MUST exit using Esc, End Mission basically.

See FAQ I added a new one to explain it. Q31.

This was the answer. Thanks. I just flew several brief missions and exited via escape/end mission. All were recorded. I then flew a couple and exited via CTRL+Q. They were not recorded. Until now I have always used CTRL+Q to exit. Are Homeboy and I the only dummies who didn't know this? :blush:

Great stuff Condor glad you are sorted. No worries we knew this some time ago, but since forgot. Too much scrambled eggs in the brains these days ;). It's obvious really when you think about it, but hey we are getting more into fuzzy logic ;)

Until now I have always used CTRL+Q to exit. Are Homeboy and I the only dummies who didn't know this? :blush:

Maybe you were the only smarties who knew about CNTR-Q. I never heard of it till now. Did not know there was any way to exit except thru the 'esc' menu.

Thank you Winder and Pol for hanging in there with a couple of blokes about this.

This is really embarrassing but because CTRL-q takes me back to the same place, I just never even thought about it. I see now that the exit messages are different but I swear I've never payed a bit of attention to that before. Sheesh!

I can't believe how much smarter everybody is about this than us two. Condor, we are a small club indeed! :drinks:

Glad you guys are sorted. Sometimes it's the easiest explanation, LOL. I always use escape to end my missions but never thought about it.

Hello Condor and Homeboy

I don't think there is any reason to keep CTRL + Q in the key command list. Maybe to force everyone not to use that command to exit the program, we could delete that key press combination in the Quick Combat Key Stroke programing screen. Eventually our keyboard finger memory would finally use ESC to close out of a sortie. :yahoo:

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

Hello Condor and Homeboy

I don't think there is any reason to keep CTRL + Q in the key command list. Maybe to force everyone not to use that command to exit the program, we could delete that key press combination in the Quick Combat Key Stroke programing screen. Eventually our keyboard finger memory would finally use ESC to close out of a sortie. :yahoo:

OlPaint01

Check out the change I made to the Command Card. Let me know if you think it is ok the way I've left it.

My first inclination was to just delete it as if it does not exist. Then I thought that it does have a legitimate purpose (you can abort the mission without it recording at all) and it would be wrong to take that option away from the user. Sure, people would argue that it provides a way to escape a mission without penalty but if someone wants to "cheat" in their campaign missions, who am I to deprive them of that? So I left it in with a clear note as to what it does (hopefully).

Thanks

-mark

So just curious HB and Condor:

You WERE getting recorded mission stats etc, getting confirmations etc, for a time....then a couple of weeks ago it started not recording.

Now you've isolated the problem, but the question is: Why did the missions record before? you were always control-Qing out of the missions, right?

Or did you just start that two weeks ago?

Curious, because I did have at least one mission not record...didnt make much of it then, and it hasnt happened since I've been watching for it.

So just curious HB and Condor:

You WERE getting recorded mission stats etc, getting confirmations etc, for a time....then a couple of weeks ago it started not recording.

Now you've isolated the problem, but the question is: Why did the missions record before? you were always control-Qing out of the missions, right?

Or did you just start that two weeks ago?

Curious, because I did have at least one mission not record...didnt make much of it then, and it hasnt happened since I've been watching for it.

That is an excellent question Barn. I have no idea why this worked before but does not now!

BUT, I'm happy as a clam to be having my missions recorded with ESC - Enter! You can believe that when I get ready to exit this life, I'm going to press the "ESC" key! :biggrin:

You can believe that when I get ready to exit this life, I'm going to press the "ESC" key! :biggrin:

I'm going to live forever!

Just click the "pilot never dies" button! PND!

Edited by Broadside uda Barn