Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

update german last names

i think my update at the first topic went unnoticed, sorry for posting it again.

in the first version i forgot the german names beginning with "L". now they are added and all in all there are now 1597 names.

please feel free to use the updated version

i think my update at the first topic went unnoticed, sorry for posting it again.

in the first version i forgot the german names beginning with "L". now they are added and all in all there are now 1597 names.

please feel free to use the updated version

Creaghorn,

Just post where the file needs to go as many users will not know where to post it.

Also... stop changing your avatar!!! I liked the one of you standing in color the best. It has a certain animated character to it, like you were surveying the runners on 1 and 2, with 2 out in the bottom of the 8th, and the relief pitcher behind in a 2-2 squeeze, looking to hold a 3-2 win.

Creaghorn,

Just post where the file needs to go as many users will not know where to post it.

Also... stop changing your avatar!!! I liked the one of you standing in color the best. It has a certain animated character to it, like you were surveying the runners on 1 and 2, with 2 out in the bottom of the 8th, and the relief pitcher behind in a 2-2 squeeze, looking to hold a 3-2 win.

sorry,

drop it into CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields/campaigns/campaigndata

to download, save target as...wherever you want and then drop it into the folder.

@ovs

probably it was a kind of situation you described :biggrin: . i don't know. IMHO the best pics are always those you don't know you are getting photographed

Creaghorn, thanks for the job on the names.

And - I must agree with OvS, keep the first baseball pic for avatar.

If you want to make a slideshow about your baseball team, please do that in an OT post - and I promise,

I'll see all pics through (although I don't know much about that sport).

Creaghorn, Glad you got the original Avatar back

I agree, it was the best

Wondering where you get to play!

Thought baseball wasn't very popular outside North/Central America and Japan

I think it's being dropped from the Olympics for that reason ...maybe Softball

Mind sharing how you got started?

Creaghorn, Glad you got the original Avatar back

I agree, it was the best

Wondering where you get to play!

Thought baseball wasn't very popular outside North/Central America and Japan

I think it's being dropped from the Olympics for that reason ...maybe Softball

Mind sharing how you got started?

it's not as popular as in the countries you mentioned, but in europe the dutch and italian league is very good. the highest german level is maybe equivalent to A-ball. maybe the best teams have AA level. depends on the team you're playing for. there are lot of good college players, minor leaguers, pros from j-league and even some some players who had several games or seasons in the majors, but never made it as starters or were not in the 40-man roster anymore.

if you are good enough, you can earn some ok money. not very much to just rely on this sport. that's why lot of players are doing another job somewhere because you want to have something solid if you can't play anymore or get hurt or something.

here in germany is all about soccer. every player who can run straight and tie his shoes by himself in the 10th league will get some sort of money. the crowds watching baseball here are also not as many as in baseballcountries. mostly between 500 and 5000 people. enough for some to get nervous, but not enough to feel like beeing in yankee stadium.

i started when i was about 10 or 11 years old after playing catch for the first time on a barbeque of some puerto rican friends. then playing stickball in croatian and german streets. then i went to a club with a little league team and when in practice i was allowed for the first time to put a catchers gear on, i got infected and the desease will last as long my body will carry on :biggrin: