Sign in to follow this  
DWCAce

It pays be be a pilot....

Jen has been in Ireland for the past month for some courses, and spent the last week touring the country with her friend before she returns. We haven't been able to talk too much the past few days due to the 6hr time difference and the spotty WiFi over there. But I got this on GCHat tonight:

I hope you feel special, I got hit on tonight and told them I was married to a pilot. He backed off.
:yahoo:

768718074_l.jpg

Jen has been in Ireland for the past month for some courses, and spent the last week touring the country with her friend before she returns. We haven't been able to talk too much the past few days due to the 6hr time difference and the spotty WiFi over there. But I got this on GCHat tonight:

:yahoo:

768718074_l.jpg

You're a pilot? :notworthy:

You're Lucky:

My first Ex-wife ran off with another pilot. :blink:

He made a lot more money than I did.

Guys, its true.

Reading this post, i asked my wife. I made the course of private pilot a long time ago, and im not flying anymore, but in Argentina if you get the license of pilot you will never loose it. If you dont have a medical check and make some flys to remember, called "re-adaptation flys" you cannot fly alone, but you still are a pilot.

Well, i asked if she feels something special about me and my condition as"pilot". She says: "of course!. I like it, is like a proud or something...i told everybody taht you are a pilot!!!"

So guys, put some money apart....and make that course. You will never forget it!!!

Yes Storm, I am a pilot... you may be seated now! (j/k).......though I'm only flying small planes for now.

Same in this country, your pilot certificate NEVER expires, only you're privileges to use it do. The privileges last indefinitely (or if the Administrator revokes your certificate) as long as you are current in landings (day/night for category & class (90 days)), current on instruments (if instrument rated, if not current, then you need to complete and Instrument Proficiency Check (IPC) (6 mo)), and complete a Flight Review (24mo....formally known [and still refered by all] as a Biennial Flight Review (BFR)). Also, you must keep your medical certificate current as well.

I may of missed something, if so, I'm sure someone out there knows a bit more about 14 C.F.R. (D.B.A. FARs!) that can lend a hand. :smile:

Here if I get an R44 license I'll have to pass medical once every two years and that's pretty much it. :blink:

I think this says it all.

Pilots.jpg

I think this says it all.

Yeah.... and then the ladies meet the real guy down below... called a Mechanic... :wink:

PS.. you guys can "Pull G's" all day... we can see in the dark with our hands. Beat that with the ladies.

:rofl:

I don't know, I think being a pilot in terms of impressing women is overrated...for the most part.

However, 'I fly supersonic jets' does sound sexier than 'I fill out TPS reports'...

FC

PS.. you guys can "Pull G's" all day... we can see in the dark with our hands. Beat that with the ladies.

Some of us are qualified on both sides of the pilot/mech fence however :tongue:

Craig - qualified to break it, but able to fix it afterwards.....

Bah, a real man doesn't need any of that! I was unemployed when I met my wife and didn't actually get a job until we moved in together 6 months later! :grin:

It's funny how different reactions you can get by saying to a girl "I'm a pilot" or "I'm a virtual pilot".... not too much luck with the second so far!

:ok:

Thats why I joined the Airforce.... I found out later that flying itself is also actually quite nice to do :wink:

Edited by Jrz

It's funny how different reactions you can get by saying to a girl "I'm a pilot" or "I'm a virtual pilot".... not too much luck with the second so far!

:ok:

Shoot.

I was a virtual pilot columnist for a magazine, and it did not impress my wife one bit!

:dntknw:

Can't wait to finish my PPC. i'm having a hard time because my "Cougar gyro" keeps telling me I'm gonna have a rollover every time I get pushed sideways by the wind. It's a constant fight to untrain my body to feel like I'm gonna go sliding and rolling off of a 2000 ft mountain!