Well after several attempts at setting up SF2V, and finally giving up I'm going to try it again.

Anyway I'm wondering what the proper format for setting up a SF2V install is. Last time I tried a full install I modeled SF2V after WOE, and shortly after getting all the files in to their assigned folders, the game crashed, and wouldn't even startup! Is there a certain way to setup all the files in a certain folder, or is the proper way just to leave all the extracted files in their CATPAK folders.

Thanks

In the SF2 series, you should NEVER put modded files in the stock directories, period. That is the critical difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 versions of ThirdWire sims.

This includes any files you extracted from the CAT files.

FC

Well while using the CATPAK extractor, I keep getting an error message saying it could not create a subfolder.

Are you using the right version of the CAT extractor?

Also, it may need to be run with Admin privledges...

FC

It's the right CAT version, and running as administrator didn't seem to help. But Thanks

Have you made a copy of the cat file in question?? - because i would recommend you do before dropping it onto the catpack thingy

Try running it from a different folder like your desktop maybe

Well after reading all the instructions, I tried a reinstall of SF2V, and SF2E just to start everything with a new install. However now in the Users/Saved Games folder there are no files! What should I do?

Thanks

Have you made a copy of the cat file in question?? - because i would recommend you do before dropping it onto the catpack thingy

Try running it from a different folder like your desktop maybe

Well tried everything but still getting the same error message, but thanks anyways.