Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Can't Leave Well Enough Alone

Some of you have taken the time to download the B-52's. Well I can't leave well enough alone and started to revamp them to add more SF2 type format and features. Here is an example. The B-52H late is going through a 3 phase process.

One version will be the B-52H_88, 1988 is the beginning of the Phase VI ECM upgrade. But in 1988 the H model was still very much an all nuke carrier while the G was getting a conventional mission. So this version will have an all nuke ALCM loadout with the ability to carry gravity nukes as well. The H still retained the tail gun. The end year will be 1993/4 when it went through the CEM (Conventional Enhancement Modification). This gave it the ability to use conventional munitions. It also is the year that most lost their gun. So another version I am making is the B-52H_93. This one will be able to carry many kinds of weps in the bomb bay. But I took the liberty of making wing pylons carry the AGM-142 and data pod only. It is a rather nice configuration.

The end year for the 93 bird is 2003. That is when the H model picked up the ability to carry the Litening Pod and LGB's. Also could carry JDAM's, JASSM and JSOW's. Also, it is when it picked up the Combat Track II moving map display (Its just a laptop), some other ECM upgrades as well.

So that is my plan, there will be additional skins for those aircraft as well. Once that is done I will go the same route for the G, then the early models will get change as well.

So good things coming.

Sounds cool. Been enjoying flying the BUFF recently myself. Never been much of a mud mover but it appears you have converted me!!!

Mike

Aaah Carpet bombing with style...

We prefer the term, first class daylight saturation bombing. :haha:

Good idea to represent this huge family Dave :good:

I have a question, perhaps should've started another thread. How do you all do your bombing run?

There's a target scale superimposed on the ground map radar. That's what I'm using to do a high altitude level bombing. (Not sure with the altitude/speed numbers yet). Any other techniques?

Good idea to represent this huge family Dave :good:

I have a question, perhaps should've started another thread. How do you all do your bombing run?

There's a target scale superimposed on the ground map radar. That's what I'm using to do a high altitude level bombing. (Not sure with the altitude/speed numbers yet). Any other techniques?

Yeah I use a ALCM with a W40 warhead. :biggrin:

For carpet bombing I come in low and just start dropping about a 1 mile from the target. I drop everything at once at about 150 meters separation for MK-82's, 100 meters for M117's.

More Buff variants the better. Thanks and keep em comin.

I'm a dirty cheater :biggrin: Or mildly put, I circumvent game limitations :wink:

I basically make a copy of the bomb, for example Snakeye, I rename it from Mk82SE to Mk82SE_B52 then I edit it it's properties and turn it into a GPS guided bomb with a bit larger CEP not to make things to easy....I basically get the same effect as if I had a skilled bombardier back there on lower deck :biggrin:

Anyway this enables me to make high altitude attacks, instead of pretending to be an A-10...

Edited by Brain32

Well here is the decal work I did. Mine you the skins were done by various people I just did the unit work.

410BW.JPG

110BW.JPG

93BW.JPG

93BS.JPG

20BS.JPG

5BW.JPG

Finally done.

many.jpg