Sign in to follow this  
jamieandnici

Can't drop bombs or fire rockets

I have recently flown a couple of bombing missions and observation balloon destroying missions where I use rockets. However, I have bound the 'select ordnance' and 'fire ordnance' keys (using joystick button 3 and 4 respectively). However, the 'select ordnance' button works fine (as it tells me at top of screen that rockets or bombs have been selected) but when I try to immediately fire the rockets or drop the bombs nothing happens. To test if the joystick works correctly I have also bound the joystick button 4 to 'jettison ordnance' and it works fine but reverting back to 'fire ordnance' does not!!! Can anyone please help me. The joystick buttons do work as I also use them in IL2 1946, so I know it has something to do with either the game settings.... or me!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. J. :)

All I can suggest is to select weapon (Backspace), then immediately press the Enter to drop ordnance. This should work. I have the feeling that "select ordnance" (even though the screen shows you that you have selected 4 x 25lb Cooper Bombs) only stays active for a little while.

It's not much but try that and see if it works. Check the mapping profile of your joystick, and make sure it is set properly.