post-18150-1249508336_thumb.jpg

post-18150-1249508372_thumb.jpg

No matter what our favorite weapons loads are, the AI usually doesn't work that well with the same.

Let's be for real, sometimes the wingman can be downright horrible with certain configurations so i figured that maybe we can share knowledge and info about what works best for our AI fellows.

Recently i've gotten deep into flying A-7Ds in the WOE 79 campaign. After some trial and error i figured out a near perfect load for my #2. A dozen Snakeyes works wonders on the attack. Only once has someone missed a target and over certain areas the additional damage to the target area can be a well added bonus. All bombs are released one one pass and so you don't have to worry about unexpended ordnance slowing him down on the egress.

While he goes in i'm loaded up with Shrikes and a couple of Mavericks (just in case) and am high up and behind him covering for a SAM threat.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

I guess everyone must have top secret weapons loads for thier wingmen :ninja:

Anyway, just finished the campaign and all went greater than expected. With the load described above the target was missed only twice.

I test weps combinations only with a limited selection of planes: MiG-21s, MiG-23s, F-4s and F-16s. I watch how dogfights go to see if I want to change anything or not. So far as ground weps go, I hardly know good from bad. I just try to make certain the planes are completely loaded up with rockets or bombs before they head out.

With certain weapons you might as well have left everyone back at base. A2A setups usually bring results but A2G is a big challenge.

WoX/SF1 for CAS bombas are no gos. I've had finished the mission only to find out I had some friendlies killed. Wasn't me because I do my run-ins to near doctrine, but found out that Mavericks, or SDBs are preferable when performing CAS missions. JDAMs can work too, but leery with SF2, despite evidence to the contrary.

I've been doing a mixed load. In the Rolling Thunder campaign, I'll load the wingman with a combo of slick Mk.82s and some Rockeyes. Great for clearing out AAA around a primary target. But, if directed toward a warehouse or other building, they'll drop the CBUs first, then go back and hit with the Mk.82s. Do they have some code to drop from a certain station first? Also, if they are loaded with 12 Mk.82, they'll drop all 12 on one target, then roll back in and continue with guns since it's the only thing left.

The 2nd Flight is ok. They do fine, although I've been having alot of the #4 not dropping anything and just flying around.

For my jet, it depends on my own personal goal as flight lead. If I want to build experience for the squadron, I'll load up as a back-up striker, but add Shrikes or CBUs for clean-up, and give the primary target to the #2.

-S

I give 'em big 'uns Mk83 and Mk84 or M117, also Mavericks work great as do most guided weapons, unfortunetly they don't seem to "like" my favourite - Snakeyes although I think this has to do with all retarded bombs...

For SEAD or even FighterSweep it's good to arm 3 and 4 with AGM88 then order them to attack ground when you are about 60-50km away from mission point, they will fire them away and it's a sure shot nearly, Hornets are especially obidient in such cases :good: