Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

crashing back to the duty room

The games plays for a few flights then crashes back to the pilots room ( briefing, pick out mission , duty room ect.) the processer temp reads at start of game 34 by the time I get in 2 flights or so its at 54 so maybe its a heat problem did anyone have this problem ? (Cant afford a new computer) I got hooked on this game so even with the interuption I will continue to play and have a good time. U can go to quick action but as soon as u go to the field it crashes back

Thanks

thanks will give a try. T he game is a blast never know what is going to happen

thanks will give a try. T he game is a blast never know what is going to happen

not a CPU heat issue..mine does the same..

not a CPU heat issue..mine does the same..

No Kiddin, What ya think might be doing it?

tnewman72 even if yours is not over heat or memory issue (do a memory check?) it does not mean Carrick58's is the same as yours.

Carrick as per other thread, please look at the FAQ Q.25.

Thanks.

tnewman72 even if yours is not over heat or memory issue (do a memory check?) it does not mean Carrick58's is the same as yours.

Carrick as per other thread, please look at the FAQ Q.25.

Thanks.

Polovski:

Forgive me, ( I am new to all of this i.e. , mods ,memory checks , unzipping files, running mini programs to check heating of processor) In fact, sitting duck spent 3 hrs of his time just helping me get OFF installed and running. Whats FAQ Q25 ?

No problem Carrick,

FAQ is Frequently Asked Questions. Most software has that somewhere, a list of questions people come and ask often.. also contains Tips, hints etc.

See our website.

Q.25 = question 25 on that FAQ.

Also one thing for both you and tnewman72.. Check.. you are not using a "No-CD" version of CFS3.exe. Many are old V3.0 and WILL CAUSE ISSUES with OFF. You must use a V3.1 CFS3.EXE as found on a purchased CFS3 DVD or CD. If you have random missions not registering (no claims no record of what you just flew..) this is likely the reason. If you have other unexplained exits or quits from game, again check this first! If you purchased the UBISOFT DVD version you will not need to insert the CFS3 DVD to play. If you aren't sure what that means asks a friend who can show you.

Anyway on with the show..

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm

No problem Carrick,

FAQ is Frequently Asked Questions. Most software has that somewhere, a list of questions people come and ask often.. also contains Tips, hints etc.

See our website.

Q.25 = question 25 on that FAQ.

Also one thing for both you and tnewman72.. Check.. you are not using a "No-CD" version of CFS3.exe. Many are old V3.0 and WILL CAUSE ISSUES with OFF. You must use a V3.1 CFS3.EXE as found on a purchased CFS3 DVD or CD. If you have random missions not registering (no claims no record of what you just flew..) this is likely the reason. If you have other unexplained exits or quits from game, again check this first! If you purchased the UBISOFT DVD version you will not need to insert the CFS3 DVD to play. If you aren't sure what that means asks a friend who can show you.

Anyway on with the show..

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm

Pip Pip old chap Rather what? Thanks will try ,I have the mscfs3 dvd and have to insert the 2d disk to play OFF How would one check to see if one is using no cd version cfs3 exe?

fwiw it appears that my issues was the ms ff joystick. heat was fine- see other thread.

thanks all still working on it will do all the advice one at a time. Thanks have fun gotta luv this place. :no: Carrick58