Sign in to follow this  
Dagger

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Brad Coleman hits coyote

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Brad Coleman was testing a Gibbs NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car at Arizona Proving Grounds earlier this week and came onto the radio and told his crew something rather unusual.

"Guys, I hit a coyote," Coleman said.

Coleman was running close to 200 mph around the 10-mile test track when he saw the animal wander under the outside guardrail.

"I'm in the middle of the corner, and I'm doing 190," Coleman said Friday at Nashville Superspeedway before practicing his Nationwide Series car. "I'm just cruising. You run the high line there, because that's where the most banking is. It's the high-speed lane. There's just a guardrail there like on the freeway.

"I see this thing, it must've been 100 feet in front of me, just jump out. Right when I saw it come out from under the guardrail, I thought, 'That's a coyote.'"

"The engine started smoking like crazy," Coleman said. "And it smelled terrible. I didn't see anything in the mirror, so I thought, 'I wonder where the coyote went?' I said, 'Guys, I hit a coyote. I'm going to come in because I think it screwed up the radiator. I think it clogged up the grille a little bit.'"

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Well fellas, looks like we're eating tonight.

No big loss. From time to time Fish and Game puts out the notice that it's time to cull the 'Yotes. You can hunt them with no license, they're considered varmints.

................and sometimes the RoadRunner wins..............

I think the coyote looks pretty badass in the grille there. I say clean him up, throw him in lucite, and make it the new hood ornament.

The oficial Coyote Fugly Car! :rofl:

A hood ornament would detract from the speed I guess, but definitely a homage should be paid in the paint job - or a special grill ornament! :good:

That dog looks a little pist off if u ask me.

Definitely, he's not cool about sitting there. Too much wind I pressume :rofl:

I'll be that smelled nice.

I'll be that smelled nice.

I've hit critters with my truck, usually when they're fresh the only thing you can smell is poo. Prolly the same with that coyote. The intestines were shredded so that would be the overwhelming smell. Guts usually just smell like fresh meat.