Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

AAA

Finally in right place to see the AAA working over a flight. My E-3 Fokker flight of 3 was headed towards a lone N-16 down on the deck close to the front lines saw another flight of Fokker E-3s (4) and a lone Halb D-3 circling at about 3000 ft All of a sudden Bang a AAA shell when off inbetween two E-3s in the flight 1 broke towards my flight on fire with a long plum of black smoke trailing after it as it spun into the front lines. The other kinda broke apart into large parts all headed down. :clapping: Gotta luv this game never know whats going to happen. :rofl:

"Gotta luv this game never know whats going to happen."

I agree and consider myself a gawker. More than a few times I've taken the bicycle out for a little look/see tour. I pull up to troops and tanks and whatever just to watch them pass by. I like to look at the houses and stuff. Odd huh.

"Gotta luv this game never know whats going to happen."

I agree and consider myself a gawker. More than a few times I've taken the bicycle out for a little look/see tour. I pull up to troops and tanks and whatever just to watch them pass by. I like to look at the houses and stuff. Odd huh.

I've never done that. It certainly sounds like fun though. Probably be the only "mission" I don't get my arse handed to me by Olhams brothers in arms.

Hellshade

Edited by Hellshade

That bicycle is still in there? Do you really get it in QC?

Finally in right place to see the AAA working over a flight. My E-3 Fokker flight of 3 was headed towards a lone N-16 down on the deck close to the front lines saw another flight of Fokker E-3s (4) and a lone Halb D-3 circling at about 3000 ft All of a sudden Bang a AAA shell when off inbetween two E-3s in the flight 1 broke towards my flight on fire with a long plum of black smoke trailing after it as it spun into the front lines. The other kinda broke apart into large parts all headed down. :clapping: Gotta luv this game never know whats going to happen. :rofl:

Hello Carrick,

Welcome to the OFF:BHaH forum, and we're happy to hear your seeing what we call 'total immersion', one of the top aspects of OFF. :yes:

You never know what you're going to see, and every mission is different. Even if you come out of Campaign mode, and right back in.. it's a whole new mission.

All the best,

OvS

PS... it's 'AA' fire, or Anti-Aircraft (Ack-Ack). AAA is the Automobile Club of America. :good:

That bicycle is still in there? Do you really get it in QC?

It's there. It's tricky to operate but it has good visibility.

"Gotta luv this game never know whats going to happen." I agree and consider myself a gawker... Odd huh.

Nothing odd about it! From years of doing 3D modeling, I find I'm usually more facinated by the 3D world I'm in than the actual gameplay. With OFF, both come together beautifully. After a QC session, [especially if there's good clouds about] I'll just fly around and look at things. If I'm in a Sopwith Pup, or a Dr.I, I like to pick a field and do touch-and-go landings.

I'm surprised no one has noticed you can attach rockets to the bicycle too now :)

Uncleal, get the bicycle airborn. You can then go anywhere. Bring her down in an interesting locale. It is tricky but when I succeed I can then tool around on the ground for awhile. I do feel like the wicked witch of the west when I see myself.

Can you have an outside view? Please, post pics, Jim - the bewitched rocket-bicycle!

I got some pics somewhere....

I could not find my old pics and what with the new patch I decided to take some new ones. Well as I've said many a time if you go fartin'about you never know what you're gonna see... some of this is new to me. Was it there all along or is it the new patch?

Edited by Rickitycrate

That's definitely new. And the bicycle can even fly?!

Have just downloaded the super-patch, and will install it tomorrow, after making a

backup of C and F drives.

I'm not so vain to think Winder did it for me. But in a thread "what would you like to see?" I had said that I would like to see people, crewmen etc, and to have buildings you can enter and see/do things in there. The new patch gives us that now at least to a degree and it is one of those immersion things that I appreciate. I'm rather glad to be the first to report it. Thanks so much Winder. It may be a somewhat minor aspect of the new patch but it took a lot of work and time and is very good.

I'm not so vain to think Winder did it for me. But in a thread "what would you like to see?" I had said that I would like to see people, crewmen etc, and to have buildings you can enter and see/do things in there. The new patch gives us that now at least to a degree and it is one of those immersion things that I appreciate. I'm rather glad to be the first to report it. Thanks so much Winder. It may be a somewhat minor aspect of the new patch but it took a lot of work and time and is very good.

Well there is capacity in the game for a lot more immersive details like this - yes just takes time - pleased u are enjoying it.

Cheers

WM

One time I was flying Sop Tripanes and near the target, I looked back to check my wingman and just then I saw him hit by an AA burst dead amidships and the pieces just floated down. It happened so unexpectedly and suddenly, I was actually shocked and stunned for a second. It almost felt as if I actually lost a comrade. The immersion here can get very deep if you let it.

PS... it's 'AA' fire, or Anti-Aircraft (Ack-Ack). AAA is the Automobile Club of America.

Back in the day [which, technically, is where we are] it was AA, but current usage has morphed into 'Anti-Aircraft Artillery", or, AAA.

Its always been know as 'Archie' to us oldies

Cant wait for my copy of BHAH to arrive. Have been away from flight sims for a long time and OFF certainly has got the juices flowing again.

...get the bicycle airborn. You can then go anywhere.

Does Stephen Spielberg know about this?

Its always been know as 'Archie' to us oldies

Cant wait for my copy of BHAH to arrive. Have been away from flight sims for a long time and OFF certainly has got the juices flowing again.

Salty, you sure picked a great time to enlist. Welcome!

Back in the day [which, technically, is where we are] it was AA, but current usage has morphed into 'Anti-Aircraft Artillery", or, AAA.

AAA is current usage in the US. But on this side of the pond it is still called AA.

And in WWI usage it was always called 'Archie'

And in WWII usage it was always called 'Flak'

So let us use 'Archie' if you want reality or immersion.

It is also referred to as "hate". I have run across this term now and then in the personal notes and diaries of the British WW1 pilots, as in, "They were certainly throwing a lot of hate our way this morning as we crossed the mud."

Cheers!

Lou

Rickitycrate wrote:

I had said that I would like to see people, crewmen etc, and to have buildings you can enter and see/do things in there.

You've always been able to taxi into the hangers Sir, at least in P3, (I even did a video about pulling your bus into the shed a while back). What's nice now is that there are actually a few things to see instead of just walls, floor and roof. Very nice.

Cheers!

Lou