Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

JAS-39C for SF2 fuel related problem

Recently I downloaded JAS39C for SF2 series, just wanted to try something different than the usal 60's and 70's stuff, and I can't find any remaining fuel quantity indicator. I checked the cockpit.ini so I know it SHOULD be there but I must be getting old since I can't locate it in the cockpit. Other strange thing - I've been flying Gripen on full afterburner for like 15 minutes and it didn't run out of fuel - and since I couldn't check the fuel quantity I'm guessing Swedes must built everything with economy in mind :biggrin: . Any insight on the matter would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michal

P.S. I'm running SF2+SF:V+SF:E merged, windows 7

Edited by SFP1Ace

i do remember reading somewhere that Saab designed th fuel gauge to display in percentages not lbs like most fighters. trying to make the math of how much do i have left easier. as for the AB question.... sporty and gets great MPG?

OK, I' managed to run out of fuel. It sure did feel like an eternity, must be because of all this F-15A flying I've been doing recently :blush2: . Still no luck with fuel quantity indicator. I found fuel flow, but no quantity :(

I've also noticed that Gripen's avionics still uses Ground_Map radar entry instead of GM. Brain32, since you converted this bird for SF2 you might check that avionics.ini and reupload it :wink:

And can anyone check that fuel gauge thingy? I just wanna know if i'm not alone with this one :unsure:

Your not alone, I can't see it either. Then again its well known that I can have something staring me in the face and I still can't see it :biggrin:

Sorry I can't be more help, I don't think it's SF2 specific as it dosen't show up on the WOE version either.

Thanks Mikey! I guess there aren't many Gripen fans out there, otherwise someone would notice that long time ago...No fun flying when you don't know when you're gonna run out of gas :dntknw: Maybe grippen's avionics are still work in progress? The model is great though and FM 'feels' realistic too :good: Sometimes I wish I had decent modding skills...

Sometimes I wish I had decent modding skills...

Me Too!

Sometimes I wish I had decent modding skills...

Start cracking man :biggrin:

I bet you could put the fuel counter in a corner on the HUD.

Start cracking man :biggrin:

I bet you could put the fuel counter in a corner on the HUD.

Yeah, but only if approprieate entry is provided in a *.dll file to be called by entry in ini file. If TK didn't put it in there then it won't work. I already tried to add Waypoint Bearing counter tu HUD but no luck. Waypoint number counter and range counter can be added to hud because (I think) these entries exist in avionics.dlls or hud.dll. For example folowing 2 entries exist in gripen avionics.ini:

[HUD_WaypointID]

SymbolType=WAYPOINT_ID_TEXT

TextPosition=0.074,0.236

HorizontalAlignment=LEFT

VerticalAlignment=CENTER

TextFormat=WP %d

[HUD_WaypointRange]

SymbolType=WAYPOINT_RANGE_TEXT

TextPosition=0.074,0.252

HorizontalAlignment=LEFT

VerticalAlignment=CENTER

TextFormat=%0.1f

DisplayUnit=NM

So I tried to add waypoint bearing counter as well:

[HUD_WaypointHeading]

SymbolType=WAYPOINT_HEADING_TEXT

TextPosition=0.074,0.270

HorizontalAlignment=LEFT

VerticalAlignment=CENTER

TextFormat=%0.1f

DisplayUnit=DEG

But, because there's no data in any of the dlls about WAYPOINT_HEADING_TEXT for HUD (I think) then the ini's call can't return a value. So no go. Is there somewhere a comprehensive list of all usable vaules and parameters for creating avionics? That would allow to learn the engine's limitation easier and we could start pushing TK to get the missing stuff implemented in future patches :biggrin:

May I ask some help of you experts out there please :)

I am running WOE series 1. I have been looking for a ground weapons -use of- guide, and someone kindly pointed me to the one by Ericj.

It looks exactly what i need with a step by step -with pictures lol- examples. It uses the JAS39C Gripen and so i tried to load that plane into my install.

I learned the adding weapons stuff etc - took me all morning 'cos my weapons editor didn't work , but I got all that straightened, but then the plane doesn't show in the single mission screen.

Now it seems it might be a series 2 only plane, 'cos i can't find it in the series 1 downloads.?

Or I might have made a mistake - more than likely - adding the plane to my install.

Can anyone tell me if it will work on WOE series 1, and if so, anything special to look for in loading it.

TIA