Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

SUPERPATCH 1.32 is now available!

Sounds like someone lost those claims down the back of the cabinet.

Sometimes, zee realism of ziss sim is killink mee, Herr Polovski.

I hav to shoot down zee double amount off crumpetz to get zee claim level right!

I've only had time for one campaign flight with the superpatch but it looks great so far. The winter trenches seem much improved...shell craters and such make them much easier to see. The new flak seems great so far. Also, have the bridges been redone?...no longer seeing far-off bridges showing through clouds (and looking like distant airplanes). More good stuff to find yet no doubt, so I am off to fly some more.

Great job. I am running out of adjectives that do this sim justice.

I didn't get a response the first time, so I'll try again:

2 minor quibbles. In the quick scenarios section, the font size is really small for my middle-aged eyes. Can this be increased? Second, I am very glad to see that you have entered a lot more ace information in the ace dossiers section. Unfortunately, the text font color appears to be the same as the background color so cannot be read. :sad:

Otherwise, everything looks great!

lol Olham.

Font not user configurable, not sure it can be made bigger later, WM maybe can answer. I can read the font on the Aces screen try adjusting contrast or brightness on your monitor.

Okey dokey. :good:

If the font can't be made larger, perhaps you could change to all capital letters in the quick scenario screen?

Been really enjoying a bit of flying tonight. Things all looking improved, is that possible? Even looks like you did some more work on the clouds?

Happens to me in CFS3 too that one.. best calibrate it outside.

Wilco Pol...Yep, that went fine! (glad it aint just me!) :biggrin:

Hello from Berlin Germany(Birthplace of flying planes),

i am a proud owner of this super game since one week and enjoy it very much. For me it will be perfect with a german language translation. Is it possible to manage this in a time not so far? will be nice. Thx a lot.

p.s. sorry for my bad english

Welcome in the cockpit, Horowae

Your English is near perfect; the guys will understand you right, I think.

You can post any difficult questions in German, if that works better for you - here are some

Germans or German speaking people on board (Creaghorn, Gremlin, Hasse Wind, and me).

But you will find out, that you get much more into this great community, when you use the

international language.

Stay aloft, and clear skies! May you always see your opponents, before they see you.

Olham

The level of support and plain generosity/good will are simply stunning. Thankyou guys. :good:

About time I hooked up my joystick and flew again. Rudders are still velcroed in position under my desk. :clapping::biggrin: But today I have to load the car for the one-week camping-trip tomorrow.

Hey, Siggi, you may want to make a decision - are you a camper or a pilot? :censored::pilotfly:

Hey, Siggi, you may want to make a decision - are you a camper or a pilot? :censored::pilotfly:

Olham..This is the UK we're talking about!..lol

Days where the weather is reasonable for camping are few and far between!...Siggi will have the other 300 days of the year, when it's p*ssing down to fly!! :biggrin:

Guys just a heads up on 1.32 Patch.

The sound volume weightings have changed in 1.32 and everyone is encouraged to set up the volume settings as per:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=45513

You can have the major sound groups at levels to reflect 'realistic' or hollywood or anywhere in between and even no sound.

HTH

WM

Yes, Widow, I remember my 1973 motorbike trip in England very well.

But we where lucky - from 14 days, ONLY four days of nasty rain.

Makes one wonder you have such a great humour. On the other hand - it's a pretty black one. Lol!

Siggi, enjoy the sun while you may. You've got what seems like a sweet new WWI sim waiting for you at home. Best to you and family, Jim

Well, I really hate the DRM and having to PAY for aircraft beyond the measly f***ing TWO that were.... oh , wait a minute...

Downloaded it, but not flown it yet, however, I'll make an observation that's probably worth nothing, but anyway.... there's been a lot of heat (but precious light) generated at simhq.com concerning the plans (or public lack thereof) and roadmap (or public lack thereof) for ROF. I'd simply like to contrast that with the attitude and PR that comes from OBD people. Compare and contrast indeed.

There's been some (thankfully not a lot) of derision levelled at OFF as being old, stale, 80 year old flight engine, etc, etc (ad nauseum), however it seems to me that most of the people now feting ROF as The New Sliced Bread who've slipped into this rather lazy mindset are missing a fundamental point: OBD are here, and they are listening. So many of the - rather pointless - threads at simhq slip into a dead end that consists of ROF fanatics proclaiming that all will be well, faced off by the more sceptical posters expressing their astonishment at such naivety. And that's it. Input from NeoQB people? None, as far as I can see. That's my biggest compare/contrast. I'm pretty sure that if I moaned hard enough here (and I probably will!) for a Siemens-Schuckert DIII/IV, a feature that enabled me to transfer home because I'd been certified bonkers by the squadron doctor or perhaps the ability to write my memoirs in an on-screen facility, it would actually be read, considered and acted on (well, perhaps!).

*That* is what separates OFF from ROF or any other flight sim as far as I can see. And it's called class.

Good to meet another SSW D.III/IV fan, mightysrc! As for me I value both RoF and OFF. Both have their strong points. And competition is always a good thing. Be sure I'll keep buying the OFF add-ons (even if there happens not to be an SSW in them.....). But I bought some RoF aircraft as well.

Hi Stickshaker,

Nice to make your acquaintance!

Well, it's quite possible that in due course ROF will make it onto my hard drive, but the thing that concerns me most about the game is the (lack of) communication by the makers. I'm sure they're aware that there are plenty of people whove bought a copy, but, as I alluded to before, it seems to me that all discussion of ROF with regard to the future is largely pointless since the people who've written the damn thing aren't there and talking to players. I genuinely hope that ROF succeeds, but I have to say that I'm at best agnostic, or more accurately sceptical.

One of the lesser considered aspects of OBD - that they are doing this as a sideline (please correct me if I'm wrong) - seems to me to be pertinent: OBD don't have to rush out products, as far as I know, in order to generate the income stream that enables them to keep developing OFF, whereas NeoQB had to release what is, I suspect, now quite widely seen as a product that was at best a beta release. I'm sure they'd have loved to have had another year or so for development, but that's the nature of a capitalist system - return on investment or die. Take away that stricture (I'm fairly sure that the OBD people have other jobs) and you remove the necessity to go to market before you're reasonably sure that you've got a saleable item on your hands.

Anyway, I guess I'm just rambling now, so I'll shut me cakehole.

But I definitely want an SSW DIII/IV, all you OBD people out there. Take note. I have spoken!

But I definitely want an SSW DIII/IV, all you OBD people out there. Take note. I have spoken!

I'd like some of those too, and a Pfalz D.XII to boot. :yes:

But what OFF really, really needs is more two-seaters. Are we going to get more of them and also for the early war period, now that's a million dollar question. In the first add-on maybe? OBD guys? Any news at all for your greedy fans? :biggrin:

Hi all, at last i'am back in the air after major PC problems....

You don't know just how much you miss this sim until it's gone.

Anyway i can see that the dev's have been hard at it again,and what a wonderful job they have done.

The new patch is great so thanks from one happy flyer... :notworthy:

Well, I guess it must be the trees. Scenery and terrain detail are on 4, as they were before, with density high. Where I used to very rarely see less than 30fps I'm now getting regular 18fps and suffering a stuttering mess. Reduced density to medium, not much improvement. I'll try the two sliders back to three and hope it does nothing more than take some of the trees away.

There's something I've noticed since the super patch, and I'm wondering if it's real or just my imagination.

There were times before, quite regularly I'm embarassed to admit, when I managed to get my Tripe flying backwards. I frequently fly QCs against three or four DIIIs or DVas, so there's sometimes some fairly desperate manoeuvring going on. Sometimes, I notice that not only have I stalled, but I'm actually going backwards, with exhaust smoke pluming out in front of me. I usually see that as a bad sign, although you have to admit, the Huns probably never see that coming.

Since the super patch, this problem has gone away. So, either something in the flight model was changed, or my wife was right and I really did need to cut back on my drinking. :biggrin:

Oh Baaaabeeeeee!

I was testing the patch for MP with Duck and Ax earlier and we didn't really fly it, and I only installed it this morning. So this evening was my first chance to fly it. I don't know what all has changed. I read the list, but some of that is pretty mysterious. But I just flew one of the scenarios (the first one on the British side, Se5's attacking an airfield...with bombs, no less).

What a fantastic mission!! As we approached the airfield, Dr1s and Alb DIIIs appeared from all over. I was sure I was a goner! I sent my wingmen into the fray and then got busy myself. Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seemed much easier to control throttle and stay close on the enemy than it has been before. Has the FM been fine-tuned that well (or is all that practice just paying off?)? I had him filling half my screen for minutes at a time. And that's not because he just flew straight in front of me. No! He was flying very well indeed to get away from me. And then his buddy who came after me did the same. I don't know what happened to the first guy after getting him smoking, because my hands were full with the second. It's a wonder I beat either of them, as they were just so darned beautiful that I sometimes forgot to fire at them!

We flew over a nearby town, which opened up on me with Archie. The new sounds and new realistic levels are just incredible. After downing the second plane, I appeared to be in the clear with most of the enemy off attacking other planes, so I headed for the airfield and plastered some of the planes and hangers. I was feeling very good and heading home when I spotted one of my flight off shooting at another airfield. I went over to gather him up and he turned out to just be some other Se5 off on his own mission. I love that there are lots of AI busy doing their own things while I'm out flying a mission myself! I think he was about to fall into formation with me and head home with me anyway (comfort in company, don't you know) when I was hit by flak and died. No more than a mile from the front! Ces't la vie! But you know what? I was delighted!

This is just superb! SOOOO much better than the old QC (which has its place for quick tests of new planes and brushing up on skills). Now, when I don't want to fly campaign, or don't want to risk my carefully nursed pilot right as he approaches veteran status, I can jump into one of these Scenarios and have a full-fledged and complex engagement! It reminded me just how breathtaking this sim is! What an incredible development and improvement of this wonderful sim.

By the way, Sig, I noticed no decrease in FPS during this mission, and there was LOTS of stuff happening. I haven't changed any of my settings. I wonder if your issue might be separate and coincidental with the patch?

Edited by griphos

[quote name='Siggi' date='Aug 10 2009, 04:19 PM' post='325928']

Well, I guess it must be the trees. Scenery and terrain detail are on 4, as they were before, with density high. Where I used to very rarely see less than 30fps I'm now getting regular 18fps and suffering a stuttering mess. Reduced density to medium, not much improvement. I'll try the two sliders back to three and hope it does nothing more than take some of the trees away.

Siggi the same thing happen to me, frame rate drop from 25-50 to 18 and belowe ,in fact in a campain ,in a real ferball framerate drop to a slide show of 4 !!! My sliders were set at 5,5,33,1 I am going to lower them some more , but this is a sad day . AMD 64X2 4 gig ram 2- 8800GTX SLI xp home . any help would be greatly appreciated . It is a great looking patch

To reduce tree density slide the Scenery slider back to 3.

This is strange because the super patch whilst adding tree density has been optimised and on all the test rigs is smoother and better in FPS.

Many players have commented positively on this so far.

WM