Sign in to follow this  
SFP1Ace

Great Fun! (EF2000 vs MiG-25PDS)

So i've been playing around with this Typhoon (among few other 4.5-5th gen jets) and what a quality bird it is! Highest praises to it creator and contributors! MFDs are just mind blowing . But I've noticed that it was even more 'boring' to fly than F-15A since migs 21 and 23 don't pose even the slighest threat to this Eurokillah. Sooo...I've added latest foxbat in to the mix. Well I've been reading how dangerous (and annoying)the Su-27 Flankers are, I haven't tried them out yet but even ye olde Foxbat almost made me piss my pants, hehe . Here's what happened: Desert terrain, year 2003, me and my wingie in EF2000 on a CAP mission armed with amraams and asraams. We took out enemy flight consisting of mig 21's,easy, no problemo, then we turned around to homeplate. 2-3 minutes later RWR warning showing U radar on my six (forgot to create and add MiG 25 custom tga to TEWS, next thing on my to do list), somehow it got me puzzeled, so I started the immelman to find,lock and kill that b*!$*d but after few seconds RWR 'politely' informed about lockon, my wingie shouted SAM launch (?) and I got smoked by R-40R (probably). Only thing left 4 me to do was to watch my wingman dogfight the foxbat and eventualy score a hit with asraam. Check the picture below:

post-25041-1249770418_thumb.jpg

Gotta add foxbats to SF:Europe '79 campaign to provide F15-A pilots with some challenge :smile:

nice, i too have the EF2000 Typoon & found it abit overpowering (not that i mind lol). Never thought to add better enemy planes to the fray, guess i'll try it thanks.

There's nothing quite as involving as a good, challenging air battle. F-4/MiG-23 action is pretty fun too.

and welcome to the forum, peconpie32!

I'm playing SF2 and I'm also waiting for more advanced red jets to be available. :(

Currently there is the MiG-31 and it's quite capable.

Well I can always try out the first gen mods but I'm still waiting for SF2 compatible ones.

well mig 25 is the only aircraft to score a kill on a American flown fighter aircraft since the end of vietnam. im waiting to see what comes out in NF4+ before i change up 1st gen migs too much. will still prob add more afterward but i dont like duplication of effort.

So i've been playing around with this Typhoon (among few other 4.5-5th gen jets) and what a quality bird it is! Highest praises to it creator and contributors! MFDs are just mind blowing . But I've noticed that it was even more 'boring' to fly than F-15A since migs 21 and 23 don't pose even the slighest threat to this Eurokillah. Sooo...I've added latest foxbat in to the mix. Well I've been reading how dangerous (and annoying)the Su-27 Flankers are, I haven't tried them out yet but even ye olde Foxbat almost made me piss my pants, hehe . Here's what happened: Desert terrain, year 2003, me and my wingie in EF2000 on a CAP mission armed with amraams and asraams. We took out enemy flight consisting of mig 21's,easy, no problemo, then we turned around to homeplate. 2-3 minutes later RWR warning showing U radar on my six (forgot to create and add MiG 25 custom tga to TEWS, next thing on my to do list), somehow it got me puzzeled, so I started the immelman to find,lock and kill that b*!$*d but after few seconds RWR 'politely' informed about lockon, my wingie shouted SAM launch (?) and I got smoked by R-40R (probably). Only thing left 4 me to do was to watch my wingman dogfight the foxbat and eventualy score a hit with asraam. Check the picture below:

Gotta add foxbats to SF:Europe '79 campaign to provide F15-A pilots with some challenge :smile:

Set up an 80's scenario and arm the Mig 21 and 23 with modern missiles like the A11/ R-73 Archer and you will see F-15A's are not invincible. Give the 23 modern BVR missiles and you will have a much better challenge . Also try flying red every once and a while, I have nailed several eagles by staying low and using the terrain to my advantage.... mountains and canyons are your friend. Fighting at altitude over the sea/ flat terrain against Eagles, Phantoms or Tomcats is suicide.

Set up an 80's scenario and arm the Mig 21 and 23 with modern missiles like the A11/ R-73 Archer and you will see F-15A's are not invincible. Give the 23 modern BVR missiles and you will have a much better challenge . Also try flying red every once and a while, I have nailed several eagles by staying low and using the terrain to my advantage.... mountains and canyons are your friend. Fighting at altitude over the sea/ flat terrain against Eagles, Phantoms or Tomcats is suicide.

Seems like a good idea, Foxbats-E plus some upgraded Floggers, thanks :) And you're right, 21's and 23's just lack the radar range to enage f-15 on equal terms at high altitude. I think it's only about 30 KM for mig 21 and about 60 KM for latest incarnations of mig 23...

Seems like a good idea, Foxbats-E plus some upgraded Floggers, thanks :) And you're right, 21's and 23's just lack the radar range to enage f-15 on equal terms at high altitude. I think it's only about 30 KM for mig 21 and about 60 KM for latest incarnations of mig 23...

In reality the advatage of the F-15A radar range against the MiG-23ML is not as big as you think. The reason is that the RCS of the F-15 is very big in comparision with the Flogger.

In reality the advatage of the F-15A radar range against the MiG-23ML is not as big as you think. The reason is that the RCS of the F-15 is very big in comparision with the Flogger.

Yes, unfortunately it's not modelled in game at the moment ;(. I remember TK mentioned something about introducing hitbox based RCS sometime in the future ^_^

TK said it is modelled in the game at the moment, this is how I calculate for "BaseRCSModifier" entries in aircraft's data.ini

TK said it is modelled in the game at the moment, this is how I calculate for "BaseRCSModifier" entries in aircraft's data.ini

WOW! So you mean that TK sneaked that into the game already? Thats great! Cause since neither F-15 nor MiG-23 data.ini shows any rcs entry, I assumed it's equal for both planes in-game. But if what you say is true....

There's more to TW games than meets the eye :smile:

This also means that if you do it right, there can be RCS changes when using external stores if you put 'hitboxes' around the pylons. Not as much as in real life (ie unlike a stealth aircraft where your signature can change by orders of magnitude with external stores, your RCS in the game would only change in proportion to the size of the hitboxes added to overall hitbox size)...but it does add a measure of 'how stealthy do you want to be' in the loadout.

Like in the upcoming Silent Eagle...

FC

Like in the upcoming Silent Eagle...

FC

Can't wait to try this badboy out :biggrin: