Sign in to follow this  
sgran

I just blew up a balloon!

Flying with RFC 1 in January 1918, I went on a balloon busting mission. when it told me to attack and locate the target, I attacked the Balloon, firing my Le Prieur rockets, directly hitting the gasbag, and it explodes with a brilliant flash of smoke and fire. I run home, and land to a successful mission, but it won't let me claim for the balloon. I hear that in a balloon busting mission, when you blow up the balloon successfully, you can claim for it like you would an aircraft. Is this a glitch, or can't you claim for balloons after all?

By the way, the Superpatch rules! Well done developers. Can't wait for the new aircraft!

Edited by sgran

If you blew up the mission balloon (and no one else did - perhaps a wingman or enemy ground fire hit it too....) then yes you should be able to claim.

If you shoot the wrong balloon no. If you shoot a balloon when you haven't been sent to do it no.

Yeah, I made sure I got the right one, but sometimes friendly flak seems to get balloons. Oh well. The end result was the same. I'll just have to make sure to get there before the flak next time.