Sign in to follow this  
Check Six

Installed V 1.32 and mini patch, and now it doesn't work

I suppose you people have seen this type of thread many times. I know I have. The sim won't recognize my CFS3 disc anymore. All I did since last time was to remove the CFS3 disc to play another game (Arma II - great BTW). So today I thought I'd get back in the air. I installed v 1.32 and then the mini patch 1.32a, looked at the new interface (nice!).

Now it won't run at all. I thought I might be able to get by with just a CFS3 reset in Workshop, but sadly that didn't fix it. I only had Lt Test Pilot as an active pilot, so I didn't mind losing all my pilots (they had all previously "gone west"). Really didn't even mind having to tweak it up again. Thought it would be good to start from scratch and tweak one thing at a time and monitor my FPS rate.

I have seen everyone saying how good the new patch is, and no-one complaining that it killed their sim, so I guess it's just me. Is there any more quick fixes I can try before I am forced to uninstall/reinstall?

IF I do need to uninstall/reinstall (first time BTW, though I did a fresh install on this new computer), where do the little files hide that I need to completely remove? You know the ones...you use the uninstall feature, but some files linger around to harrass you and prevent a successful installation.

I suppose you people have seen this type of thread many times. I know I have. The sim won't recognize my CFS3 disc anymore. All I did since last time was to remove the CFS3 disc to play another game (Arma II - great BTW). So today I thought I'd get back in the air. I installed v 1.32 and then the mini patch 1.32a, looked at the new interface (nice!).

Now it won't run at all. I thought I might be able to get by with just a CFS3 reset in Workshop, but sadly that didn't fix it. I only had Lt Test Pilot as an active pilot, so I didn't mind losing all my pilots (they had all previously "gone west"). Really didn't even mind having to tweak it up again. Thought it would be good to start from scratch and tweak one thing at a time and monitor my FPS rate.

I have seen everyone saying how good the new patch is, and no-one complaining that it killed their sim, so I guess it's just me. Is there any more quick fixes I can try before I am forced to uninstall/reinstall?

IF I do need to uninstall/reinstall (first time BTW, though I did a fresh install on this new computer), where do the little files hide that I need to completely remove? You know the ones...you use the uninstall feature, but some files linger around to harrass you and prevent a successful installation.

Very strange - yes we have been testing this patch for quite a while now with no install issues and we note many are up and running too.

I would do the Add/Remove in Control Panel - then delete OBDSoftware folder and all sub folders.

Then install from DVD , patch to 1.32 then mini patch

PCs are weird things...

WM

Steve, if you use CCleaner it will take care of all those nasty little bits and pieces for you, as well as old deleted files you no longer need or use. Here is the link for the free download:

CCleaner

I use it once a day and after all uninstalls. I highly recommend it.

Cheers!

Lou

Winder,

PC's are indeed very weird things. I hope you didn't take this the wrong way, as I have never had any trouble with installing, tweaking, updating of OFF in any way, though many here have done (I guess that's the very reason for this forum).

Yes, weird indeed.

I thought to myself "what's the single most easiest thing you can think of to reset things back to the way it was?" No, not to uninstall, or to go to an earlier system restore point.

Umm...

Reboot.

So, I rebooted, now the sim works again! Can I get an "Amen!"? :clapping:

But resetting the CFS3 files has messed around with what I messed around with. The targetted enemy blip is back to default yellow, and the TAC size has returned to default. I need to go adjust my sim back the way I like it.

BUT IT WORKS NOW. Sweet!

Oh, and I did download CCleaner. It didn't help me with this "problem" as it "righted" itself when I rebooted, but now it's there to assist me in other ventures. Thanks for all the help gentelemen.

Edited by Check Six

Winder,

PC's are indeed very weird things. I hope you didn't take this the wrong way, as I have never had any trouble with installing, tweaking, updating of OFF in any way, though many here have done (I guess that's the very reason for this forum).

Yes, weird indeed.

I thought to myself "what's the single most easiest thing you can think of to reset things back to the way it was?" No, not to uninstall, or to go to an earlier system restore point.

Umm...

Reboot.

So, I rebooted, now the sim works again! Can I get an "Amen!"? :clapping:

But resetting the CFS3 files has messed around with what I messed around with. The targetted enemy blip is back to default yellow, and the TAC size has returned to default. I need to go adjust my sim back the way I like it.

BUT IT WORKS NOW. Sweet!

Oh, and I did download CCleaner. It didn't help me with this "problem" as it "righted" itself when I rebooted, but now it's there to assist me in other ventures. Thanks for all the help gentelemen.

Cool!!

WM