Sign in to follow this  
RAF_Louvert

Excessive Cannon Fire...HELP!

I'm not sure if this is what BuB was referring to in his AA post, but I just finished a mission in the Escadrille Americaine campaign I am flying, and the cannon fire was WAAAAAY over the top! June 21, 1916, flying out of Behonne about midday and I no sooner left the aerodrome when the most gawd aweful racket started up from the big guns. It honestly sounded as if every cannon and AA along the entire front was going off right below me, and it never stopped for the entire 45 minute flight. I am wondering if this might be a glitch in the new Super Patch. Has anyone else experienced this since installing it? I felt that the noise from the cannons before was quite realistic, but what I just went through was downright painful. I had to turn the volume down to almost nil for the last 10 minutes of the flight because it was starting to drive me a bit batty, (and I don't have that far to go I'm afraid). Any help here would be much appreciated.

(Eh? What's that? Can't hear you, ears are still ringing.)

Cheers!

Lou

There aren't more, just louder and new sound here and there. Simply change your sound settings in the workshop, you can lower effects, job done.

Be glad you are not playing a trench war sim. Shell shock must have been brutal IRL.

Thanks for the tip Pol, I will play around a bit with those settings Sir.

Cheers!

Lou

It honestly sounded as if every cannon and AA along the entire front was going off right below me, and it never stopped for the entire 45 minute flight.

That's just what the Front sounds like.

Even in Desert Storm, it was like that. A constant rumble that made the ground shake continuously. When I first heard it for real, I instantly remembered all the WW1 memoirs mentioning it. And just as in those memoirs, it soon became just part of life. If it ever stopped, I woke up.

Lou, now you know why they called it "Stahlgewitter" (Thunderstorm of Steel).

No no Gents, I fully understand that the front is a very noisy place. I was simply caught off guard by the new and improved volume and amount of said noise. Had to get me ear plugs I did. :yes:

Cheers!

Lou

lewis8en.gif