Sign in to follow this  
Winder

Sounds in 1.32

Guys,

The sounds mix was fixed in 1.32 to allow the ambient sounds and effects to be dialed in now at correct volumes (each from off/muted to full volume) - so the weightings of the Workshops settings have changed.

You can set OFF up to have virtually no external sounds (tending towards 'realistic') - only engine and guns - to full external sound effects and quiet engine sounds ('Hollywood').

Please reset and adjust your settings in workshops - note that the quick preset Hollywood and Realistic weightings have changed - press the buttons to see.

If you experiment and adjust the individual settings manually you should be able to have the exact sound levels for the respective categories that you want.

Do not just accept what you hear as the best it can be - experiment and I think you will be amazed.

HTH

WM

Guest British_eh

Well, uh, thanks Winder.........um. Well, see, I have Pedals, and TIR, and the Saitek System, and well....

The other day a fellow PC WWII sim player asked me about my sound system. Well, you know, two book shelf and a small base kind of thing. I mean, I was quite happy with the sounds in OFF, but now look. He said he had a nice BOSE system, 5:1, and well, you just had to hear it, and only for $250. So...........well, now we have new,improved, better sound, and well .......honey.............you know my PC game........well, it looks like I'm going to have to get a better sound system.............Uh, pardon honey?

Well you know, the OFF Team went to allot of trouble to get the sound just right, and I mean, well........pardon honey? Um, well, maybe for my birthday, you know, a little gift, kind of like something I might really like, ( better than another sweater to go in the pile of dozens I already have).....Yes honey, I can wait.( maybe :} )

Cheers,

British_eh

Edited by British_eh

This is important as in 1.32 everyone should adjust the workshops volumes for:

1) Engine (engine and wind - note wind will be louder in addon craft that are in development)

2) Effects (environment sounds such as Flak, ground guns , front activity, trains , vehicles)

3) Cockpit (player aircraft effect sounds such as bullet hit, creaks, wheels on ground rolling rumble etc)

HTH

WM

Winder, may I ask; what is User I/F?

I have been fiddling with the sound settings and it is a neat feature that really does allow you to dial in the sounds the way you feel they should be. Thanks Sir.

Cheers!

Lou

lewis8en.gif

Winder, may I ask; what is User I/F?

I have been fiddling with the sound settings and it is a neat feature that really does allow you to dial in the sounds the way you feel they should be. Thanks Sir.

Cheers!

Lou

lewis8en.gif

User IF is the music in CFS3 but is only apparent if you are using the old CFS3 QC via workshops...

Yes its important that users dial in the sounds again for 1.32.

:good:

Cheers

WM

This is important as in 1.32 everyone should adjust the workshops volumes for:

1) Engine (engine and wind - note wind will be louder in addon craft that are in development)

2) Effects (environment sounds such as Flak, ground guns , front activity, trains , vehicles)

3) Cockpit (player aircraft effect sounds such as bullet hit, creaks, wheels on ground rolling rumble etc)

HTH

WM

OK, thanks, Mark. So, it sounds like the wind sound is a mix with the engine sound and both would come under your 1) adjustment above, right?

I'll try out some of the newer craft.

Excellent work on this latest patch!

OK, thanks, Mark. So, it sounds like the wind sound is a mix with the engine sound and both would come under your 1) adjustment above, right?

I'll try out some of the newer craft.

Excellent work on this latest patch!

Yes that's why a user cannot just increase wind sound on its own - its the only sound 'effect' that's lumped with the Engine in CFS3...

But the new craft pack will have a better balance between engine and wind but still will not be independently adjustable - its just not possible without a whole lot of code.

However the available sound volume settings in workshops as highlighted above will allow any user to set up the local and ambient sounds as he/she feels is realistic and yeah that varies a lot hence the settings!

HTH

WM

Yes that's why a user cannot just increase wind sound on its own - its the only sound 'effect' that's lumped with the Engine in CFS3...

But the new craft pack will have a better balance between engine and wind but still will not be independently adjustable - its just not possible without a whole lot of code.

However the available sound volume settings in workshops as highlighted above will allow any user to set up the local and ambient sounds as he/she feels is realistic and yeah that varies a lot hence the settings!

HTH

WM

The sounds in game are very good and the developers should be given a pat on the back. However, I guess I have a moders mentality and was wondering if some of the sound files can be swaped out i.e., the vickers machine gun sound.

The sounds in game are very good and the developers should be given a pat on the back. However, I guess I have a moders mentality and was wondering if some of the sound files can be swaped out i.e., the vickers machine gun sound.

Sure!

Have a look in \Sounds...

HTH

WM

Why do you hear so much flak and ground guns when there's obviously none near you?

Read up about WW1 - it will help answer your question - or turn down effects sound level and play 'realistic' with no ambient sounds - engine and guns only.

WM

Read up about WW1 - it will help answer your question - or turn down effects sound level and play 'realistic' with no ambient sounds - engine and guns only.

WM

I don't have a problem hearing archie miles from the front. It's a well documented fact. However, you shouldn't also be able to hear (as I do) the hissing of shrapnel from exploded shells when you're miles from the action. Is there a way to counter this ?

If I was to turn "effects" to a low setting would the archie stay at a low sound level even when directly over the front with archie at it's fiercest ? Ditto with hissing shrapnel fragments (which shouldn't be heard unless you're in the middle of a barrage).

Of course you could say go full real and turn effects off altogether and bump engine up to 100 but I personally like a bit of "hollywood" for atmosphere.

The scenery/terrain improvements are a winner though and deserves high praise The Scenery God is truly in town !

What I've noticed is the sound of flak and artillery is the same level no matter how far or close to you it is. For example if you lower the effects slider to 30 and the flak is far from you, no bursts are near your plane, you can hear it at a low level. Now if the flak bursts are hitting right around your plane, or if you get hit by the flak, the sound of that flak is still at the same low level as when you were far away from it. Also the flak/artillery sound is at the same volume when there is no flak in the air or artillery strikes visible on the ground, as compared to when the flak is visible or arty striking the ground is occuring.

I hope I explained that right (double dose of pain meds today) Anyone else get the same? or something different?

Is this a limitation of the CFS3 code, not being able to change the sound level in relation to your nearness to it? :dntknw:

Nice touch though to have the flak be an indicator of where distant planes are.

It seems to me, that the guns of the other A/C that are shooting in quite a distance in a dogfight, are too loud. I'm often confused, looking behind me but no enemy shooting at me but a dogfight going on between planes that are > 300 metres away. Will this be adressed?

It seems to me, that the guns of the other A/C that are shooting in quite a distance in a dogfight, are too loud. I'm often confused, looking behind me but no enemy shooting at me but a dogfight going on between planes that are > 300 metres away. Will this be adressed?

Same here, I get crazy checking my six o´clock in multiple aircraft dogfights,...

Hello,

i experienced that the sound of my wingmen's engines, along with the sound of enemy a/c, do not slowly blend in, but are suddenly there, and clearly audible. When the distance of other a/c increases, the audible sound vanishes very sudden, from a well-audible roar, to nothing. Don't know if it is my settings, or intended, or not possible to change ?

Thanks and greetings,

Catfish

Turn your effects slider down and increase your engine and cockpit slider.

HTH

WM