Sign in to follow this  
77Scout

Sound level settings

I used to hear only engine sounds (realistic) but now hear everything, even artillery exploding in the distance. The ambient effects level seem to be maxed out (100%) whether you select 'Realistic' or 'Ambient'; doesn't seem right.

Am I correct that the sound level settings in the workshop have been revised with by the 1.32 patch? Wish I had recorded the old settings as they were realistic...neither choice now seems correct (i.e. reduced ambient sound)?

Can someone running 1.30 or earlier please tell me what the old sound levels settings were for 'engine/effects/cockpit/user' under the 'realistic' setting are so I can get these back they way they used to be? Thanks!

I used to hear only engine sounds (realistic) but now hear everything, even artillery exploding in the distance. The ambient effects level seem to be maxed out (100%) whether you select 'Realistic' or 'Ambient'; doesn't seem right.

Am I correct that the sound level settings in the workshop have been revised with by the 1.32 patch? Wish I had recorded the old settings as they were realistic...neither choice now seems correct (i.e. reduced ambient sound)?

Can someone running 1.30 or earlier please tell me what the old sound levels settings were for 'engine/effects/cockpit/user' under the 'realistic' setting are so I can get these back they way they used to be? Thanks!

Please read and adjust your sound settings as you see fit:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=45513

Do not only go by the default buttons - set up as you want.

Using the values from 1.30 will not give same results in 1.32 - but you can achieve the same results if you adjust to your liking.

HTH

WM

Thanks Guys. Sorry that I missed Winders earlier post...it slid down too fast I guess.

I will go a head and play with the levels, no problem.

If anyone has found what they think is a good, realistic batch of sound level settings as a starting point, please feel free to post.

What does the lowest point in the sound settings mean (I/F... something) ?

Oo...Oo...I know Olham, I know. I/F is the music in the game, (I know becasue I asked the same question in Winder's sticky sound post).

77Scout, I currently have my sounds set as follows:

Engine 60

Effects 40

Cockpit 100

I/F 80

This seems pretty good to me, but it's personal taste I am sure.

Cheers!

Lou

lewis8en.gif