Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Re installing Off msg

Hi There, Hopeing to find help. Installed the lasted patch,but I must have done something wrong. Now all I get is a re install OFF msg , game wont play at all Its was running and I was having a good time now Grounded. :dntknw:

More details please carrick58 - exactly where do you see that, what do you click. If you can get to workshop, try "reset CFS3" will lose your settings and Pilots but may fix it.

Hey Carrick58

I had a very similar experience when installing 1.32 over my 1.31L. I finally bit the bullet and did a complete uninstall of OFF and did a fresh install. It gave me a opportunity to optimize the install with all the Tips and Cheats from the new Knowledge Base. The Sim is running great. This time I am building my own KB with all the little mods I have found on the Forum to customize my HUD and Joystick assignments.

OlPaint01

I had a problem too, after installing 1.32..on my computer at home

Had just run the game here the nite before, so know it was working ok.

after 1.32 got message about disk not in drive,,,and error copying a dll...to a target with the path of x:\obd software\cfsww1 over flanders fields\cfs3.exe,,or something close to that,,,didnt write it down.

i got the cfs3.exe that is the one we are not allowed to talk about,,,so wondered why it was calling for a disk.

and, as it was pointing to the file as the one having a problem with, i went to check to see if it was still in the directory, and it wasnt. As it turned out, it was in the recycle bin. I restored the file, and the game ran fine...

Cant belive i would accidentally delete that file,,,and not sure if the install of 1.32 would have done something like that...but,,just in case it has any bearing on anyone elses problems,,,am posting the fact here.

Edited by sitting_duck

Thanks sitting _duck there is a sticky about the cfs3.exe too now.

It's come to light in the past that is causes all sorts of odd issues, and we often forget and spend hours trying to fix things that are nothing to do with us.

Although if it's definitely v3.1 exe it should be fine, but of course we can't support various 3rd party 'unknown' exes

Obviously many people hate putting their legitmate CD in everytime, so use these but if there are issues, put the real exe in and see if that works, that's what we have to state, and if anyone asks for support that's what we'll ask for first now.

Hear what you are saying, and understand completly.

but was wondering about the "put the legitimate" one back

When you install BHAH, it grabs the cfs3.exe from the cfs3 install. If there are NO modifications made to the exe, we can do what you are saying, but seem to remember reading somehere back that modifications are made. So guess the question is,,,,,,,is the cfs3.exe that resides in our cfs3 install the exact same thing as the cfs3.exe that resides in our bhah install.....

Well basically as long as your CFS3 is an original CD that you installed using all should be well, if you replace the exe yourself with another all may not be well. Should be fine, but may not be.

Well basically as long as your CFS3 is an original CD that you installed using all should be well, if you replace the exe yourself with another all may not be well. Should be fine, but may not be.

Thanks all, got it reinstalled and running but it still has issues after a few flights a mesg pops up failure to load mission so I have to exit the program althought it doesnt say it ,I shut dow n the computer. After a while I restart the computer and run OFF and it behaves for a few flights then it starts over mission failed to load. yada yada yada. So for now thats how I play OFF a few flights at a sitting. :blink: With that said, I love this game. :rofl: