Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

Nesher not Made in Israel (?)

An other picture from an israeli Museum i found in the net:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Israel---Ai...1399c12c90ba151

interessting is the remark:

"501 (cn 1) Despite the official story that this is an IAI Nesher, a check of the aircraft ID plates in the wheel wells reveals that this is really the first production Dassault Mirage 5J. On display in the Israel Air Force Museum."

A great find Gepard! That actually means a lot more to me than the reports from a journalist who doesn't have a shred of a connection inside the Israeli armed forces. So the French broke their own embargo . . . so French. The question is, did they do it before or after the Israelis obtained blueprints through Switzerland? And if the French supplied the airframe components, did they also supply the engine hardware? Or did Bet Shemesh (which later produced the J79)?

interessting is the remark:

"501 (cn 1) Despite the official story that this is an IAI Nesher, a check of the aircraft ID plates in the wheel wells reveals that this is really the first production Dassault Mirage 5J. On display in the Israel Air Force Museum."

But what is the history of that jet though - do they know if that plane was actually in service with the IAF at all - or was it supplied later to sit in a museum when it was retired from another country?

But what is the history of that jet though - do they know if that plane was actually in service with the IAF at all - or was it supplied later to sit in a museum when it was retired from another country?

Its a good point. And it would be nice to confirm the statement of the remark.

That a western nation like France has broken the own embargo is not really surprising for me. Politicians say often one thing and do exactly the opposite. The german example would be that officially it is not allowed to sell german weapons to middle east. In reality West Germany sold Israel the M-48 tanks which fought in 6 day war.

Its a good point. And it would be nice to confirm the statement of the remark.

That a western nation like France has broken the own embargo is not really surprising for me. Politicians say often one thing and do exactly the opposite. The german example would be that officially it is not allowed to sell german weapons to middle east. In reality West Germany sold Israel the M-48 tanks which fought in 6 day war.

it's not the France who broke embargo.

it's only Dassault (a private company) , if the French government have broke the embargo, they provide engine design in the pack.

but they don't, Israel must found the engine from another customer,... the Swiss, a engineer stoll many box of blue print and datas.

Dagger don't use US parts, to avoid US intervention in the sell.

i think many parts of avionic, come from Mirage IIIC stocks (France sell change and sub parts, it's only the airframe who are under embargo).

when they are under embargo, the Mirage 5J are stored under hangar without seat and canopy. to avoid a "stoll" like for patrol boats.

a++

Edited by bpao