Sign in to follow this  
oscar42151

SFP1E Extract Problem

Hi,

I have searched through the forum and followed the advice written on how to use SFP1E Extract yet when I use it I cannot find the extracted files. I open SFP1E, select the relevant file, select 'extract' and instantly a message appears telling me that the relevant file has been extracted to my Objects folder. I then go to this folder but it contains exactly the same number of files as before and my recently 'extracted' file is not present. I am using Vista... is this the cause of my problems? Is there anyway to resolve my dilema?

I am sorry for asking a question which must have been asked numerous times before.

I look forward to reply when someone has a spare moment.

Max

Check the folder you wanted then extracted from. Example, the file came from the Objectdata.cat then check in the Objects folder.

Thanks Dave but still no luck. My 'Objects' folder contains the following: A folder called 'Aircraft' , then a list of .DLL Files, followed by 'ObjectData' which is classed as 'Security Catalogue'. 'ObjectData' is the only file I can open with SFP1E so I assume that is the one I should be opening...

Once I have 'extracted' the relevant file from 'ObjectData' the message displayed states: ' Extracted to C:\Program Files\Wings Over Vietnam\Objects'

When I then explore my C drive and open the Objects folder within Wings Over Vietnam I am presented with the same list of files as described at the top of this post; nothing has changed. The only program I can use to open 'ObjectData' is SFP1E so if the etxtracted file is in here, as I think you are describing, I cannot access it to edit it. Catch 22 and all that!

My mistakes are probably horribly clear to you and rather frustrating to read about but if there is any more advice you have I would love to hear it.

Thanks for your time.

Max

Thanks Dave but still no luck. My 'Objects' folder contains the following: A folder called 'Aircraft' , then a list of .DLL Files, followed by 'ObjectData' which is classed as 'Security Catalogue'. 'ObjectData' is the only file I can open with SFP1E so I assume that is the one I should be opening...

Yes that is the one you should be opening.

Once I have 'extracted' the relevant file from 'ObjectData' the message displayed states: ' Extracted to C:\Program Files\Wings Over Vietnam\Objects'

When I then explore my C drive and open the Objects folder within Wings Over Vietnam I am presented with the same list of files as described at the top of this post; nothing has changed. The only program I can use to open 'ObjectData' is SFP1E so if the etxtracted file is in here, as I think you are describing, I cannot access it to edit it. Catch 22 and all that!

Are you running Vista?

I am using Vista... is this the cause of my problems?

:biggrin:

Edited by Private.

:biggrin:

If you're on vista, you should be extracting the files outside the program files directory.

You have it in your C:/Program files then don't you? If so that is Vista not letting you do that, you need to grab that whole install and move to somewhere that lets you mod the files.

Problem solved- as soon as I moved the install out of the Program Files it worked. Thanks to everyone who helped and sorry again for such basic questions!

Max

A little premature- I can now extract files from the ObjectData file but I can't find the 'groundobjectdata.ini" file which I have read is what I need to edit in order to add ground objects...

Any ideas?

Thanks and sorry

Max

A little premature- I can now extract files from the ObjectData file but I can't find the 'groundobjectdata.ini" file which I have read is what I need to edit in order to add ground objects...

Any ideas?

Thanks and sorry

Max

That file has been out of use for over three years, now. Properly configured ground objects no longer require anything else, other than being placed in the groundobjects subfolder.