Sign in to follow this  
Rickitycrate

Loss of wireless connection

Would anyone be able to tell me what I need to do regarding losing my wireless pc connection when a family member picks up the landline phone. I imagine that there is a conflict with the frequency. The phone is a wireless 2.4 ghz or whatever, 2.4 anyway. I have Comcast cable broadband. If I get a phone with different frq. would that end my problem? This causes me grief. Please help the fool. :dntknw:

Would anyone be able to tell me what I need to do regarding losing my wireless pc connection when a family member picks up the landline phone. I imagine that there is a conflict with the frequency. The phone is a wireless 2.4 ghz or whatever, 2.4 anyway. I have Comcast cable broadband. If I get a phone with different frq. would that end my problem? This causes me grief. Please help the fool. :dntknw:

Hi Rickitycrate -- if you get a 5Ghz or Dect6 phone, that should eliminate the interference problem.

I imagine you have a wireless router as well? I have a D-Link DIR655 (2.4GHz). Its set up to search for the "best" channel (sub-channel) and it gets along beautifully with my Uniden 2.4GHz phones. I can use my cordless handset within just a few feet of the router and never have any problems. You might want to check to see which channel your router is using. Try changing it or let it pick which one it likes best...

Edited by steve58

Thanks Steve I will investigate on your ideas.

Have you got a filter for every single phoneline that you use. The filter is designed to filter out the phone and broadband signals so both can work together at once. You basically attach your phone line into this together with any other outgoing line (broadband, sky or cable etc). They cost £10-£15 each. But if this is the problem drop me your email and I can send you a few spares if this is the problem.

Have you got a filter for every single phoneline that you use. The filter is designed to filter out the phone and broadband signals so both can work together at once. You basically attach your phone line into this together with any other outgoing line (broadband, sky or cable etc). They cost £10-£15 each. But if this is the problem drop me your email and I can send you a few spares if this is the problem.

Hi, thank you very much for your offer. I think it is very kind of you but you should not have the expense of mailing them to me. I did not know of these filters before. I did some online research and I live 2 miles from a Radio Shack and feel I should get one there. Thanks for your help and offer, Jim

actually the filters are only necessary if you have DSL. Don't think your cable modem should be affecting your phone lines...

No we do not have DSL. I thought the interference was from the wireless handset.

Thanks for your help guys. Solved the problem by getting a new phone.

Glad to hear you got it resolved. Just curious as to which phone you picked? 5GHz or Dect 6? If/when my trusty Unidens give up, I'm going to go for the Dect 6. They are supposed to be pretty clear and interference free...

Glad to hear you got it resolved. Just curious as to which phone you picked? 5GHz or Dect 6? If/when my trusty Unidens give up, I'm going to go for the Dect 6. They are supposed to be pretty clear and interference free...

It was my mother-in-laws phone. I got her a 5 GHz at Wal-Mart. $15 basic unit and all she can operate it.