Sign in to follow this  
stingray77

SF2V - F-111s get shown with F-105-tags

Found out sth. VERY strange yesterday:

I created a new mission (starting with take off from AB) and after my squad was in the air, I cycled through the planes "fly by" (guess that was key F10).

After seeing all of my flight, hitting F10 again and again, it took me to the planes still on ground - and here it got strange:

There were a lot of F-111s shown sitting by the hangars but all of them were tagged as F-105s! :shok:

I guess this has something to do with the AddOn-F-111's I installed just recently ("SF2 F-111A/D/E/F EF-111A and FB-111A by Dave (USAFMTL)" found here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=9192).

It seems as if the download overwrote some of my F-105-aircraft-data, right?

Now how to cure that?

Will just removing the F-111s from my aircraft-folder do the job (or will I lose some/the F-105s then, too)? Well, I planned to remove all but the A-model of the F-111 anyhow, as only this one was used in Vietnam to any larger extent. :wink:

Or shall I play sure and re-install SF2V and go through the work and install all my AddOns once again?

Could be a one time glitch...see if you can duplicate the problem. Also, screenshots will help.

FC

...here's a screenie - in this case F-111s replace F-8s that should be there instead (see lower left corner - plane's description is F-8s!)... This makes me confident the added F-111s are the reason why.

Now, any reccommendations how to "best remove them"?

Looks like a reinstall is in order.

Add this line in the F-111.INI....:

AircraftFullName=F-111A Aardvark

AircraftShortName=F-111A <<<<<<<<<<<<<****

AircraftDataFile=F-111A_data.ini

LoadoutImage=F-111Aloadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=F-111A_loadout.INI

CockpitDataFile=F-111A_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=F-111Ahangar.bmp

LoadingScreen=F-111Aloading.bmp

AvionicsDLL=Avionics60.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=F-111A_AVIONICS.ini

UserList=F-111A_UserList.ini

That should take care of it.

331KillerBee :wink:

Edited by 331Killerbee

Doh!

I misunderstood. You've got it happening at random. I'd remove the F-111's like Dave suggested and reinstall them....

Sorry.

There aren't F-8s in the revetements in the background are there? I've sometimes found that in the flyby view when I cycle through the other planes the view of planes on the airfields isn't necessarily of the nearest plane on the screen.

Try cycling through the other planes when you're just in a normal outside view like F5 or F6 and see what happens.

There aren't F-8s in the revetements in the background are there? I've sometimes found that in the flyby view when I cycle through the other planes the view of planes on the airfields isn't necessarily of the nearest plane on the screen.

Try cycling through the other planes when you're just in a normal outside view like F5 or F6 and see what happens.

I think you hit it in the head Allen. He isn't using the F6 view. Using F12 method will not tell you the plane you are looking at.

So, you say that by cycling through (F-10) the planes, the description (F-8 lower left) "means" the ones back in the revetments - just that there's this lot of F-111s standing in the foreground? Okay, good guess - will check that (zooming in should work)...

If you're in the fly-by view watching a plane in flight then you see the plane in the distance, it gets closer then fly's away into the distance again. Now, if the plane you're looking at is on the airfield then it won't be moving, so it won't get closer, and the game will just show you that plane at a distance. If there are other planes in the foreground (like those F-111s) then that will confuse you as what you're supposed to be looking at.

Hope that makes sense!

It does... I was (and admittedly still am) a bit unsure, whether at that time my created mission was to take place (think it was in 67) there should be F-111s around.

If I recall correctly, they entered the scene quite late in the war...

Okay, yesterday I checked again - F-111s in foreground, F-4B on display... Took off and peeked into the revetments: the planes were F-4s!

I'll keep my eye on that...

And I still think about reversing the F-111s; I don't really love the image of so many 111s as they must have been quite scarce then (was '67 yesterday).......

Edited by stingray77

Okay, yesterday I checked again - F-111s in foreground, F-4B on display... Took off and peeked into the revetments: the planes were F-4s!

I'll keep my eye on that...

And I still think about reversing the F-111s; I don't really love the image of so many 111s as they must have been quite scarce then (was '67 yesterday).......

A total of 141 production F-111As were delivered from July 17, 1967. The electronics package was known as the Mk I avionics system. It included a Litton AJQ-20 inertial navigation and attack system, a General Electric AN/APQ-112 attack radar, a Honeywell APN-167 pulsed-type radar, a Texas Instruments AN/APQ-110 terrain-following radar, and Collins ARC-109 UHF and ARC-112 HF radio transceivers.

Yes, very true - but far from all of them were directly sent to SEA back then. My understanding was that the big bulk remained in the US - not the least to be trained on them...

And then all of them ar on every AB I start from..... :rolleyes: