Sign in to follow this  
don246

FE Vs OFF

Why are the default (and some add-ons) cockpits and aircraft so much better graphics than OFF BHAH or is it just me.

Why does it sound like a dire need for little flamming thread :blink:

In other words -how many cockpits/aircraft have you done?

Why does it sound like a dire need for little flamming thread :blink:

In other words -how many cockpits/aircraft have you done?

A total of 99 Aircraft and one Zepp in my FE install just counted them and what a great sim it is to. Ok im not blind OFF has a lot to offer that FE will never meet. But for sheer fun FE for me if I need to get serious then its OFF.

There's room for both in my world.

Hey everyone

I think we can be civil here...We do not need to start a flamewar. I own and fly all three sims - FE, OFF and RoF. And I enjoy every minute in each one. All are my favorites, each admittedly have their own little quirks. I can take up my kite and shoot down EA any time I have a mind to. I am so glad to be a member of the WWI Flight Sim Community. We all indeed have an obilgation to make constructive comments about what we would like to be included or changed, but there is no need to blast each other. That's all I have to say about that...

OlPaint01

Edited by OlPaint01

But for sheer fun FE for me if I need to get serious then its OFF.

There's room for both in my world.

For sure there is :ok: I have all three of them, all for different purposes (fun, campaign, bashing :biggrin: )

OFF has a rendering engine frozen in time from CF3's release (2002 I think?) and is only DX7. FE has a far more modern engine (DX9) as does RoF.

OFF does a lot with what it has available, but it can never be to the same level.